E F 1 Pylon/Practice Orangeville

Started by Polecat, May 04, 2015, 08:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

E F1 Pylon/Practice at the Orangeville R/C flyers field. Sun May 24, 2015. 10:00am to 2:30pm.
Spectators most welcome and we could use a little help judging the pylons.
For info on how to get to our field just PM me.

Ken

Polecat

Who's coming from Temac, not a lot of response only two replies from my email.
Cory and myself have put a lot effort into getting the pylon equipment ready, as well as some bucks out of our own pockets. Still some things do and buy.
I would really appreciate if you could let me know if your coming or not, by Sun May 17.
Hoping for some good numbers as we had back in Sept. 014.

Ken

Frank v B

OK Temac EF 1 racers.  The race is on for this Sunday.  We will meet at the Coffee shop at the northeast corner of Hiway 9 and Weston Road, same as last year.  Be there at 8:30 and we will leave as a convoy just before 9 am. to get to Orangeville by 10 am.

I am bringing my Pogo, two Nooners and my Hammer (EF 1 motor).

Simon, so you get in late.  Have your planes ready and leave straight from your singing gig. Don't think of it as an early morning.  Think of it as a late night!  The tree is calling out for you. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Polecat

See you all on Sun., with a pretty good turn out and the weather looks good, spectators are welcome.

Ken

Frank v B

OK... the race is on.

I have just bought 6 bottles of Coke, 6 bottles of diet Coke, 10 Minute Maid fruit punch Tetra and 10 Minute Maid Orange. All getting cold in the fridge and freezer.  If your taste lies elsewhere, you're S.O.L.

I'll be at the Coffee shop by 8 am to start my wake-up routine*.

Frank

* sip a coffee and stare endlessly into space....trying to get both brain cells firing in unison; not the usual alternate firing mode. ;D

Polecat

Quote from: Frank v B on May 23, 2015, 11:08:04 AM
OK... the race is on.

I have just bought 6 bottles of Coke, 6 bottles of diet Coke, 10 Minute Maid fruit punch Tetra and 10 Minute Maid Orange. All getting cold in the fridge and freezer.  If your taste lies elsewhere, you're S.O.L.

I'll be at the Coffee shop by 8 am to start my wake-up routine*

Thanks Frank, I am bringing some ginger ale, coke and water. My taste does lie elsewhere, maybe a couple of Rickard's Red to night, so I can sleep.

* sip a coffee and stare endlessly into space....trying to get both brain cells firing in unison; not the usual alternate firing mode. ;D

cpaine

Should be a good day... See you in the morning fellas!! Race ready!
maac #26951

Frank v B

Just got home from Shelburn's EF 1 pylon racing course.  Great fun, nice people, beautiful weather.  There were two classes of racing based on abilities.... Orangeville and TEMAC!  Ken and his boys took 1-4th place and the TEMAC boys took 5-8.  Just in case you were wondering, Glenn was the fastest, the Hazmat brothers (Greg and Mike) were in the middle and I was at the ass end. :D

Not a single casualty, broken airplane or even a broken prop.  Everybody raced at least 4 races in pairs.  Greg powered down during the race and has learned that all 3 connectors on a brushless motor must remain connected during flight.  He can brag the high G forces in the turns separated one of the connectors.

Hopefully Ken and his boys will post a few of the pictures they took.

Frank

sihinch

Sorry I missed it. Glad you had fun.

Glenn must be pride, I mean proud!

thehaze

The pride bird was the points winner. But it was humbled by the Outrageous in the final heat. Don't forget that Glen...ever....
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

sihinch

The force is strong with that one!

Polecat

Thanks to everyone who came up to Orangeville for our first E F1 race, everyone had a lot of laughs and a lot of fun. It was very windy and I didn't think we could pull the race off, but it happened and most IMPORTANT everyone went home with a intact airplane. I was really surprised how the E F 1's flow in the wind. Every heat the Temac guys where flying the course better.
Here are the race results
Novice             
1st. Glen  14 pts. fast time 1:41  10 laps.
2nd. Mike H 13                   1:51
3rd. Greg H  12                   1:43
4th. Frank     9                     2:06

Open [Old Far---s]
1st. Ken F  16 pts.  fast time 1:28 [ consistent and no cuts] With a little luck!!!
2nd.Rick P  15                      1:19
3rd.Brent    14                     1:20
4th. Cory P  11                     1:13

Some old faces showed up who we haven't seen since back in the early 90's, Brent Holmes from Cayuga and Dave Ford from Brantford,  Dave was one of the timers/lap counters for us, he hopes to have a Nemese finished for the fall event.
There will be some pictures posted later, as it will be an early night for this old guy, might just have a couple of brown pops!!!

Ken

battlestu

had a great time today... thank Ken and the crew from Orangeville for hosting it... here are a few of the shots i took today
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

electroflyer

Okay Mike,
I'll give you that, you have a one win streak against the Proudbird....lol

Great time yesterday!