Piker Class Team Racing

Started by Papa, June 10, 2013, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Congrats to Frank for taking the crown this week.

The field is very competitive which is good for the series. Can't wait for the rematch.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

piker

Wow!  Frank won!  Cool.  I think it's so fantastic that we're having such a variety of winners.  That's perfect for a race series.  It's so nice of Ed to let everyone have a turn at winning  ;D

Congrats Frank!!!

Ededge2002

I was just trying to follow our motto.   I would like that be courteous part removed before the next race!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

Yes.  That's been MY motto all summer... to let other people win for a change  :-[  Ugh!

Frank v B

Thanks to Ed and Glenn for letting me win.  I am still trying to figure out whether Ed tried to block Glenn by nicking Glenn's prop with his wing or Glenn trying to slow down Ed by slicing his wing.  Seemed like a roller derby blocking move.

As for Piker's nice comment:

"I think it's so fantastic that we're having such a variety of winners.  That's perfect for a race series.  It's so nice of Ed to let everyone have a turn at winning"

Problem: too many people will have bragging rights all winter long without resolution. 

I hereby challenge all winners to a final race immediately after the next race. One race, all winners in the air at the same time.  From memory that would be Ed, Ken, Mike, yours truly and the winner of the last race.  5 planes ...if there is a new winner for the last race.  Four if there is a repeat winner.  ;D 8) ;D 8) :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

Don't forget Simon!

But isn't the overall winner determined by points?  I think Ed has that one tied up.

Papa

Please ignore Frank. This win has gone to his head or he's painting and has way too much time on his hands.

The individual championship will be determined by points as will the team championship.

We could have a ceremonial end of season Race of Champions for all the winners. It would be for bragging rights only and we could take the winning plane and put it in our Hall of Fame for 12 months.

What do you think?

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Frank v B

Yes Papa, the overall winner is the total points person...  as you designed it.  No question, no challenge, no second thoughts, no regrets.

I just think it would be neat to have a final shootout at the end of the season when everyone has had a season of practice.  Several of us have not had the luxury to have attended all races. I could only participate in 3 so far. I will be cancelling (delaying) a job to be able to participate in the last race.  Also, we will have the entire winter to repair the carnage from this last race. ;D

No I was not painting today. 8)  Your call.  If I get shot down, I get shot down!

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Ededge2002

Frank just wants another shot at me. Its the trophy it does things to the race winner like make them feel invincible or some kind of lord of the rings insanity.

I guess Frank wasn't paying attention during my qualifiers. I'm going to spank him next race just like I spanked everyone else. (My bet is he will like it!)

My precious!

sihinch

I have a cunning plan for the next race!

http://youtu.be/Gp5St7hORyw

Ededge2002

Does it involve cookies and sweets?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on September 16, 2013, 07:20:20 PM
Frank just wants another shot at me. Its the trophy it does things to the race winner like make them feel invincible or some kind of lord of the rings insanity.

I guess Frank wasn't paying attention during my qualifiers. I'm going to spank him next race just like I spanked everyone else. (My bet is he will like it!)

My precious!

Darwin clearly has a lot of gene pool housekeeping to do!

battlestu

Quote from: Ededge2002 on September 16, 2013, 09:22:03 PM
Does it involve cookies and sweets?

i can be bought for cookies and sweets!
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

wollins

Hey Jack, how long does the average race take? Also what are the average lap times?

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Ededge2002

I have a timer that measures full throttle time. Consistently times are in the 1:20 range after a race. But that isn't measuring the time that I'm not at full throttle hahahaha yea right!