Parkzone Stinson Reliant

Started by Bigstik, April 16, 2014, 08:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigstik

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of this model? A friend has one for sale and I'd like some input.

Bigstik
Bigstik

imran1042

I don't know much about that plane but i normally don't buy discontinued products because if something were to  happen to it, it would be difficult to find parts.
Any day at the field is a good day :)

Tomahawk

Quote from: jabiggerstaff on April 16, 2014, 08:58:22 PM
Anyone have any experience/knowledge of this model? A friend has one for sale and I'd like some input.

Bigstik

Hi Alan,  I have had some flying experience with it.  A student was using it for his training.  I was doubtful at first but it surprised me and flew quite well.  I was thinking of purchasing one to put on floats but they discontinued them.  As was previous mentioned the parts are hard to come by now.  If it is a good price and not a hot glue job, go for it. Again it was a really nice relaxing flying plane.  Surprised me that Horizon did discontinued them but Horizon seems to do a lot of that!
The only thing I didn't like was the bottom loading battery hatch.

Chris

Gregor77

I had the plane many moons ago.. It was OK, but I would say it was more of an intermediate plane at any level.  I didn't like the way that the plane dropped it's nose on turns, but mind you my rudder skills were not active back in the day.  It also suffered from weak landing gear (Cliff) and would be ripped out rather easy.  The flaps would cause major lift and required a mix.  It was not good in the park as the plane would stall at very low speeds due to the wing design.  My two cents.. But it was still fun!  :-*

Bigstik

Thanks for the input fellas. I was sort of tempted, but will probably pass.

Bigstik
Bigstik