Flying in calm skies! Get out there!

Started by Wingnutz, November 16, 2012, 01:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

Wind has been light for the last few days and forecast to remain light for almost a week! Much to my surprise I flew alone yesterday in almost no wind...I shot the accompanying Gee Bee R3 at ROGO field, Nov 15, 2012 while I was flying and it turned out as good or better than when I'm shooting video and not trying to fly! Enjoy it while it lasts!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

I may even drag my butt out to the field this weekend.  Sure is nice!

BTW, nice plane, and cool video  ;D

Robert

Ededge2002

Nice flying Bill.  Makes me realy want to get out there!  Question..  in the video the image tracks around a little in verticle plane is this some stabalization system within the camera ?  The tracking of the plane is about the nicest ive seen!  great job
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

If I'm correct, the vertical tracking thing is YouTube's own stabilisation.  When you load a video they ask you if you want them to make it smoother.  The result is that the picture of the action is great, but the border moves around all over the place!  I've done this before and it made me feel sick, so I switched it back to the original, with some movement of the camera.

As for the flying, I aim to be there about 1pm tomorrow! Ye-Haaaa~!  ;D

Tomahawk

Quote from: Ededge2002 on November 16, 2012, 02:59:47 PM
Question..  in the video the image tracks around a little in verticle plane is this some stabalization system within the camera ?  The tracking of the plane is about the nicest ive seen!  great job

Thats Youtube.  When you upload a video, they will detect if the video is shaky.  Youtube will ask if you want it corrected.  Bill must of clicked yes.  This is the result as the video pans around to take the shakiness away.  I have see some videos where the video is really panning around the screen.

Chris

Ededge2002

I dont mind the moving boarder as much as a plane that seems to jump around the sky.  overall I was pleased with the video.

I wont be out tomorrow as Im working at the Newmarket Santa clause parade. 

Wingnutz

You're right...the Youtube shaky button was pushed but not by me. The Youtube shaky button did a great job of keeping the image of the model steady and shaking the frame.
I was out flying this morning when the upload finished and my wife pushed the shaky button. I was at the Toronto field...parking lot and grass are relatively dry.

Cheers,
Bill
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Ededge2002

Anyone get out today?  Seemed like a great day at the Newmarket parade.

(minimum one post perday TEMAC forum quota filled!)

Michael

About 20 pilots.

Almost the entire driveway was full of cars.

Everything from micros, biplanes, jets, and large scale to super fast sport.

5km wind and mild weather.

Amazing for mid-November!
Michael

Ededge2002

Thanks Michael for the update!  Wow fast reply too!    If that result was coming from EMXXX it would still be forth coming.... Kinda like the Formosa racing results from last season LOL! 

Glad people got out and enjoyed the day!

Michael

Michael

Michael

Tomorrow looks slightly warmer but slightly windier.
Michael

Ededge2002

Quote from: Michael on November 17, 2012, 08:45:24 PM
EMXXX website is down.  :o

Will anyone notice?  Kinda like that if a tree falls in the forest deal lol

TEMAC IS the FOREST!

piker

Even I made it out to TEMAC today.  It sure was a nice day, and fun to hang with the guys again.

Robert

sihinch

And I've managed to fix the Tornado that I stoved in, already!!!!!  ;D