SHORT SOLENT MARK IV – 2014 WINTER BUILD

Started by wollins, September 03, 2014, 11:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Awesome, Colin!  What's with the big, round hole?

wollins

|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

wollins

|
|
|

wollins

A whole seven days and nothing to show for it.  >:(  Darn, these holidays suck!  :( ;D  Entertaining small children 24/7 leaves no time for building.  Anyways, they're gonna be out for most of Thursday and Friday so I intend to put in a good 12 hours over those two days on this bird.  My goal is to finish sheeting the entire fuse.  To be frank even though my timetable calls for the fuse to be done by Jan month end, I'm a little sick of it.  ::)

So Friday night I should have something to show!

Colin
|
|
|

wollins

This plane has THIRTY NINE windows. I've decided that at least 12 of those 39 will be real. (double paned and all! lol!)

Colin
|
|
|

sihinch

wollins

Tell me about it!  I may have to adjust my timetable.  ::)
|
|
|

wollins

|
|
|

Michael

Michael

wollins

Well, I've almost finished sheeting the entire fuse.  The only parts left to do are the top of the cabin area and the tail area.  Deliberately so cause I have to access the cabin from the top to install some stuff and I have to do some final control linkage adjustments at the back so I need access there as well.  All in all, I'm very pleased ... I think I managed the get the curves I was going for nice and even on both sides. 

Next up is to get the keel and nose installed and canopy formed. After that I'll do my thing in the cabin, adjust the linkage, button up those areas with sheeting, sealing the wood with poly and installing my windows. After that it's filling my imperfections with lightweight filler, a final sand and covering. On track for month end I think!

Colin
|
|
|

piker

That looks great!  A beautiful flying boat hull.

Michael had his Albatross fuselage in the car last night, so I was able to have a look at that too.  It's so cool seeing these building projects come together.

BTW, what are you watching on TV?  Look's interesting  ;D

wollins

Quote from: piker on January 06, 2015, 09:44:19 AM
BTW, what are you watching on TV?  Look's interesting  ;D

Lol!  Didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.  Have the TV on mostly for background noise but now I'm wondering what I missed!  ;D

C.
|
|
|

piker

Papa

It probably is the credits or adds.

It was the end of a show as the time was almost 8:00pm!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"