SHORT SOLENT MARK IV – 2014 WINTER BUILD

Started by wollins, September 03, 2014, 11:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wollins

Crap you guys are sharp!  I've gotta make sure that there's nothing incriminating in the background in the pics going forward.  ;)

C.
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

wollins

You might recall I was looking for some specific sized carbon fiber rods/tubes and that I was finding it extremely difficult to source locally.  Well, here's an excellent resource for such. https://www.rcfoam.com/carbon-fiber-sheets%2C-carbon-rods-and-tubes/

Shipping is reasonable to us here in Canada too! 

Colin.

P.S BTW, I've heard of people cutting themselves during a build etc but never "grinding" themselves! Here's my nail after a close encounter with the disc sander. :)
|
|
|

the giant

Colin, maybe you should have been wearing those glasses that are on your work bench 8)

piker

Hey Andre!  Long time, no hear!

Colin... I've done that a few times   :)

wollins

Thank god I WAS wearing those glasses or else I might have taken the whole finger off!  :o

C
|
|
|

wollins

Well, I got sidetracked a bit (about 7 hours worth! ::) ) I decided that I just couldn't live with the binding I mentioned that I was having with my removable elevator setup (brass tubing etc) so I decided to switch all the brass stuff out for CF rods and tubes. This opened up a whole bag of worms with my linkages etc which made me feel that sometimes its best to leave well alone? NAH!  ;D

Anyways long story short I had to make my linkages "dual" now because of some geometry issues..  Anyway now that its done it was worth it cause they are nice and smooth now.  One less thing to fight with at the field/lake getting her ready.

Now I can finish the sheeting at the tail!

Colin
|
|
|

frajolex

What a nice plane Collins!! one day I want to build planes like you and Piker!
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

wollins

Andre, Michael is building the Albatross.  ;)

Colin
|
|
|

wollins

Whoo hoo!  Motors have arrived! Guess I have to soon start thinking about the wing.  ::)

C
|
|
|

piker

wollins

|
|
|

frajolex

LOL!!!!!!!!! I MEANT COLIN!!!!  but no doubt you, Michael, and Piker are excellent builders, I hope I my build skills reach 10% of yours in the next 2 years lol!
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

Michael

My building skills do not match Robert's nor Colin's.

I suppose I could make the effort, but my projects are specifically planned to strike a balance between good building, and a timely finish.

Michael

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Quote from: wollins on January 09, 2015, 10:33:16 AM
Yup

'cause the pictures on the boxes are different    :)

Andre, from what I've seen of your stab so far, you look like you know what you're doing.

And Michael.  Why so modest?  I hardly recognise you   ;D