Dome Fly '14- What are you bringing?

Started by Frank v B, December 02, 2014, 09:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Our Dome fly is December 28 starting at 6 pm.  What are you bringing to try and fly? Of course any of you lucky enough to get a new model for Christmas won't know until Santa brings it.  For me, I know Santa doesn't shop at a hobby shop!  Never has, never will. ;D

This year I am trying to maiden a model I built 3 years ago.  A 28" span Citabria Pro with an E-Flite 250 on 2 cells.  It has ailerons via a small BlueBird 303 servo buried in the wing.  It weighs 7.2 oz without battery.  It even has wheels!  I built it from the small plans published with a construction article in RCM magazine for a .40 size model and blew the plans up to 28" span.  It has see-through bright red Solarfilm lite.  I have no idea whether it will fly but it appears to have all the required parts and in the correct order .  The motor and rudder are on opposite ends.  :D

I am trying to finish a balsa 22.8" Little Stick weighing 4 oz from an HK kit.  Of course, a thousand parts and no instructions.  However, I am kept busy with the Skywriter and RedEagle build classes.  I hope to power-build when the classes go into hiatus.

What are you bringing?

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

Scratch built 72" depron Piper Cub

Scratch built 30" depron PT19

and a couple ARFs
Michael

Frank v B

Michael,

Those two depron planes fly great.  That Cub is amazing.  So big yet so slow.  Proof what a light wing loading can do.

Frank

electroflyer

Michael,
  Don't forget the Demoiselle!! ;)

Glenn

Michael

Michael

sihinch

I was going to bring cookies, but alas, we are now going back to blighty for a quick visit.  So I'm afraid I'll miss it and you lot won't get biscuits!  :'(

thehaze

Quote from: sihinch on December 03, 2014, 10:39:00 AM
I was going to bring cookies, but alas, we are now going back to blighty for a quick visit.  So I'm afraid I'll miss it and you lot won't get biscuits!  :'(
Blighty? Sounds like a fungal infection of some kind. Get some cream from your doctor. Should clear up in time for you to attend and bring those biscuits, only make sure you wash your hands. Ain't nobody got time for a case of blighty.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

battlestu

Quote from: sihinch on December 03, 2014, 10:39:00 AM

you can leave the cookies at my place.... i'm certain a box or two will make it to the fun fly ;)

and i agree with Mike get that blighty thing looked at
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

You had me worried about Blighty so I did a Google search for it and it doesn't look bad......

Michael

Michael

Michael

Nah, changed my mind.

I'd rather fly model airplanes.
Michael

Gregor77

I am hoping to get something by the event.. I don't have anything at the moment.  Any suggestions on something that would be fun?  I do have the e-flite Jenny and the N-17, but I recall Roberts being shot down last year?

piker

My N-17 was shot down the year before.  last year's N-17 survived with only a broken wheel.  I'll be flying it again this year.

octagon

I'm bringing my Pitts and am hoping to have my Flite Test whiteboard Old Speedster finished in time.Should be able to get it done tomorrow. Maybe my little Aeronca Champ too.
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Phew!  Completed my Mini Stick last night for the Dome fly.  It is the skin and bones small plane I brought to the AGM.  Covered it in the required ultralight red transparent Solarfilm.  It rips if you look at it the wrong way.
I have Colemanned the wing attachment (tiny magnets, not a screw or rubber band).  It weighs 4 oz ready to fly (2 cell 250) with a 20 3/4" span.  The set-up is 3 cellable but I want to maiden it first on 2 cells.  No need to break the sound barrier in the Dome. ;D

Frank