Started by Michael, January 20, 2015, 01:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Michael

Michael

Michael

piker

pmackenzie

You can add Csaba to the list, and also Kim Doherty will probably come out as well.

Any chance the back side could be used for "solo flying"?
Basic idea is that you get 3-4 minutes to yourself.
I can run it, but there is not a lot to do. You just put your model or transmitter in line and when your turn comes up you fly.
After about 3 or 4 minutes the next guy gets to go, and you go to the back of the line. Not there when your turn comes up and we just skip by you.

I would use it for F3P practice, and I think our junior Team member James Millson would probably make it out as well.
If you are not familiar with James he is 9 years old, and could very well beat me in Poland  :-[
Full team info is posted here:
http://xavier.mouraux.com/f3p-team-canada/members.html
Paul Hepworth might be able to come as well, depends on his work schedule.

If some of you want to race or something, then you could do that as well without taking up any of the time up front.
Or if you have something that you don't want to risk in the "blender" you get the space to yourself.

Pat MacKenzie

Papa

Sounds like a plan Pat. We'll work it out on Sunday.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Michael

Csaba, Kim D., James M. and Paul H. are welcome to join us.

I'm sure "Papa Jack" will arrange it so you guys can fly in the back like last time.
Michael

pmackenzie

Michael

Great!

I'll be pattern-flying, too!

A big round pattern!  ;D
Michael

Coro-Boy

bweaver

I have been out once for indoor this year and I can fly my pattern circle too.

Thanks, Bruce

pmackenzie

I anyone wants to try doing a sequence the Sportsman one is a good one to start with.

For Sportsman you don't need anything too fancy.

Depending on space in the car I might be able to bring something if you don't have your own suitable model.

You can find the sequences on the F3P Canada web site.

http://xavier.mouraux.com/indoor/sequences.html

bweaver

Hey Jack, are guest welcome to come and watch?

Bruce

Papa

Always, and they can try a bit of flying to get a taste for it.

Flying guests would have to pay but if they just wanted to try it out then I would not charge.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

eric

I've managed to escape the basement reno for a bit. Sign me up!

Eric

Michael

That was a lot of fun!

A special thanks is offered to Mr. Jack Higgins who helped prepare for the event, who arranged for raffle prizes, and who collected money. Jack left early because he wasn't feeling well (he has a bad cold), but he is certainly appreciated by all of us for his commitment to our fun!

There was a terrific turnout. We had most of the national indoor pattern team, and we had our MAAC zone director (Brad Egan) with a bunch of his buddies flying 3D.

There was lots of loose formation flying with small Cubs, old-fashioned early aviation planes, and other scale planes.

There were several new attempts at FPV flights, several quad copters and helicopters; there was a ducted fan plane, and even a flying boat (a quad copter disguised as a wood row boat, with a robot rowing oars as it flew!).

Thanks to everyone who helped and contributed.

Michael