Eric Adams' plane, what is it called?

Started by triboyeric, November 10, 2008, 07:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triboyeric

Hello,

What plane is this? Very beautiful by the way.
http://www.temac.ca/2008-june-15-05.jpg

Is it a kit? Which one?

Thank you

Eric Barry

Keep your thumbs on the sticks!

eric

Hi Eric;

The plane is a Tigerkitten "E" that I purchased almost complete at an EMFSO auction 2 years ago. It's designed for an 05 / 15 brushed motor. I fly it with an Astro Flight brushed 05 and 8 NiMH sub-C cells. It's not high performance by any standards but a lovely litle plane. If you're interested I have the plans for it (came with the model) and I'd be happy to loan them to you if you're interested in building one.

triboyeric

ok thank you very much. Is it very hard to build? I have just started looking for a second plane, and I kind of want something that I can build easily enough. I have a 3s 2200 mah lipo, hs 65 servos, and a scorpion 3014-18 motor. Could it be put to good use in this plane or is it insufficient?

thank you for the reply

Eric

eric

Whether it's hard to build or not, I don't know as I bought it with the airframe almost complete. All I had to do was add radio gear and do some minor trim and cosmetic work. I'm definitely not the guy to ask about building as I've only been in the hobby since Fall, 2006, with zero previous experience.

I don't know what your building experience is or where you live, but there's a winter workshop Wednesday night (tomorrow) and there are always guys there who are super experienced and always willing to counsel others. They've forgotten more about this hobby than I'll ever know, so that's the place to get answers, or simply ask people to weigh in on this thread here and you'll get assistance for sure.

If you're new to the hobby and building, all I can suggest is starting out by assembling an ARF model as I did (a Fledgling: see TEMAC gallery, 2006 photos, bottom left hand corner)to get your feet wet. That's the route I took and have learned a great deal, but have yet to construct a model from scratch. The Kitten would be scratch built for sure.

triboyeric

Hmm well I'll keep looking around, but thanks alot for the responses.

Eric

triboyeric

Yes same here, but I think I'm actually lookig for something a little bit smaller due to the equipment I have on hand. Any thing as pretty but more around 40" WS? I found the mini pulse, the Super Sportser, but I think I want something a little bit more aerobatic.

Thank you very much

Eric

Andy Hoffer

Hi Eric:

The Great Planes Super Sportster EP ARF is a real delight with an upgraded motor and battery.  (It's underpowered in its stock form, as other RC threads have noted - it comes with a 7-cell NiCd and a geared 550 can motor).  I get very peppy aerobatic performance with an E-flite Power 25 and a 3S 4200 LiPo.  Only minor modifications to the motor mount are required.   Otherwise, it's a straight forward easy build.  You might want to use larger "TEMAC" size (3") wheels instead of the stock wheels.

Andy Hoffer

triboyeric

Yea Ive been eyeing that one. I have a scorpion 3014-18 motor and a 2200 mah battery. Should be pretty good I hope, with some hs 65 servos all around.

Eric