5 of us went flying today

Started by Michael, March 30, 2011, 08:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Cold and fairly windy, Craig, Greg, Jeff, Jack and I went up to TEMAC, and shared a few flights.

Details and photos to be posted shortly.

Note: Don't drive all the way in; you won't get out. It is wet!
Michael

thehaze

So jealous. How was the flying?
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

Not bad. Flying was from about 5pm to nearly 7pm.

First up was my B25 Bomber with which flying was shared between Jack, Jeff and myself.

Greg showed up and started video taping.

I then flew my Gemini float plane.

Craig then showed up.

Jeff flew his Mustang, and then flew an older plane he had bought and converted to the watt-side. After some fiddling with a new prop from Craig, the plane flew impressively.

I maidened my ultra-light 6-foot Piper Cub. It took off in slow motion in a 2 foot roll-out.

Greg flew his new Parkzone Corsair, also a maiden flight, very nicely.

Craig flew his Formosa with a new bigger and faster motor, and then flew his Mini-Ultra-Stick.

It got progressively colder, so we called it quits.

Weather forrcast for the next few days looks poor for RC in our area.

Michael

thehaze

I'm counting the days... Come on Spring! It's flying time.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

flying saucer

Yes it was great to get out again with some fellow TEMAC flyers!

Had a successful maiden and found a few issues with my new plane when I got home, but managed to totally elimate the vibration and tracking issues. The plane actually sounds like an electric now  ;D

I also put back 2170mah into a 2200 battery..  :o

P.S. it wasn't that cold out, but after a few hours out in the elements it sure felt that way.

battlestu

Quote from: Michael on March 30, 2011, 09:09:31 PM
Craig flew his Formosa with a new bigger and faster motor, and then flew his Mini-Ultra-Stick.

Craig here.... the Formosa only seemed "faster". The new stickers make her look much faster than she really is. ;D

So to those flying in the 500 class don't bother dropping a new motor in yours.
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Gregor77

The video of the B-24 is very nice.. the cub is funny.. but good.  I am having issues with my computer as it crashes on Video maker.  I will keep trying, but doesn't look good!   For anyone that wanted the PZ Corsair, what a fantastic plane.. so nice to fly!  ;D   I added bigger wheels to make it more scale as the ones that it comes with a way too small!  It took off great and it flew even better!  I was shocked it was that nice.... almost too easy!  ::)  great day, wish it was a tab bit less windy as I would have taken some more planes with me.  Looking forward to the weekend.  I am getting up tomorrow at 7 to make some flights. 

Gregor77

Oh my bad.. B-25   :o    I have B24 on my mind.... Secret for now if I can get all the other planes done! :-[

Gregor77

Oh, too bad today looks amazing outside, bu the wind is nuts in Stouffville!  I think 20+  I tried to go out this morning and saw the tree's swaying back and fourth... oh well back to the garage or the basement for me!   :P