ASK-21 Ml glider with retractable Motor

Started by Bigstik, January 14, 2015, 08:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigstik

Hi. I have a new glider with a retractable motor. Trouble is, no instructions. Anyone have any suggestions how to set up my DX9? Don't know where to start.

First part of throttle travel(10-15%) is supposed to extend the motor pod on ch5, and the remaining throttle travel (85 - 90%) is supposed to start the motor. I think it also has to have an arming switch (gear/flap)?

Anyone out there know their way through the programing maze.

Bigstik
Bigstik

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

electroflyer

Hi Alan,
  Read the Sequencer part of the manual. I think that will get you started.

Glenn

Bigstik

Hi Glenn

I checked it and it seems to be for gear/wheels/doors sequencing. Am I missing something?

I need a mix/sequence that combines the retractable motor (ch5/Aux1) with throttle (ch1). Motor extends/retracts at app 20% throttle.

If the sequencer is the right place to be, I can't figure out how to set it up.
Bigstik

electroflyer

Hi Alan,
   Your right, I thought the sequencer allowed more choices. No problem. What did the plane come with for electronics? Who makes the plane?

battlestu

Hi Al... could you assign the retractable motor to one of the many switches of the DX9 and just use that to extent/retract the motor pod?

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

If it's this model, maybe you can read this thread and someone will have answered your question.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1430077

;)

Or you should be able to add a mix in the DX9, so that the throttle stick past 5% would action the servo in Ch5 to +100%, and maybe add a curve to the throttle channel, Ch1, so the motor doesn't come on until the throttle stick is past 20%.

I dont know Spektrum mixes so can't tell you the exact code.

Bigstik

Thanks Simon.

I sort of know what is needed, but don't know how to set it up.
Bigstik

Bigstik

It is indeed the ASK-21 Ml.
HK did sell it at one time but no more. I contacted them for instructions but all I got was the manual for the ASK-2100. NOT THE SAME.

I've also contacted Hobbico as they sell the ST Model DG-1000 which is similar, for set up info. No luck there either. I've posted in RC Groups under Electric Sailplane. Nada!
Bigstik