Thanksgiving weekend flying

Started by Michael, October 06, 2016, 08:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

The forecast looks pretty good for Sunday and Monday. I'll probably fly both days.
Michael

octagon

See you Monday, Sunday we host with about 20 people coming, so no flying for me.
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Michael,

I will probably be there on Sunday from 9:30-12:30.  Saturday is out (14 people for THXgiving dinner) and have to work on Monday :(.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

I flew a bit with Oscar and Frank late morning. The flying was good but it was cold and windy, so we stopped and went off to Tim Horton's.

It will be cool tomorrow, but the wind should be considerably calmer. I expect to come to TEMAC early afternoon, and stay until late afternoon.

Anyone else?
Michael

octagon

I am going to Lewiston first thing tomorrow morning to pick up this discharger
http://www.perfectregulators.com/Universal-Lipo-Discharger-Pro/?tracking=57c691b9b311f
Looks really good, and I think everyone will understand why I am a little gunshy about lipos. I should be to Rogo by 2 or so. I have a Hangar 9 P-40 I want to maiden, so I am hoping for calmish winds. 
What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Greg tried out his new cerebral FPV Shoestring II today!  Straight and level were amazing!!

("I can feel it!  I can feel it!")

Andy

Andy Hoffer

"Who's got control?!!!

Frank v B

Looks from the photos like the afternoon shift at TEMAC had a good time.

I may be out tomorrow 9:30-12:30.   Have to be back home in time to leave for Barrie by 2 pm. 
Delayed my scheduled repair job to Tuesday so I have the time off.

I will have my Pogo in the car... Michael?, Greg H.?, Simon?, Glenn?, Mike?.  A post-Orangeville grudge match. 8)

Frank

ps: Andy, you can fly from 12:31 on. :D

Michael

OK, I'll bring my Shoestring racer.
Michael

electroflyer

Sorry guys, Bush trying to get a house ready to sell, but I will be at the field tomorrow and will bring a racer.. ;D

Frank v B

What a glorious day today.  The Morning Crew was very generous and let me fly with them.... as long as I behaved. :D
For us it was Thanksgiving and a day off.  For the Morning Crew it was another day ending in "y"... or as Bruce calls it "another day at the office".
6 flights with 4 different airplanes.  Even flew my Pogo for 10 laps and came in last*... again. 8)

Frank

* the only plane in the air.

Michael

It was a perfect afternoon.

Lots of scale and sport flying, jet flying, big and small models; with many fantastic landings.

There was ribbon-cutting combat, and EF1 racing.

The weather was as perfect as could be!
Michael