June 17 any 1 flying today.?

Started by fearless, June 17, 2010, 01:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearless

hey guys weather looks good wind is about 10 km in the evening, any1 going to the field haven't been out in 2 weeks too busy lately hope too see some ppl there tonight..

Michael

I hope to be there by about 5pm or so.

Michael
Michael

Papa

Bring your planes to work and stop off on the way home?

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

terrabit

quote:
Originally posted by fearless

any1 going to the field

Sick as a dog.... bleh!
I envy you guys. [xx(]

Michael

Fantastic afternoon/evening.

Lots of flying, and Robert maidened his Mew Gull; fantastic airplane.

Michael
Michael

fearless

I would say it was pretty fun thank u rob for finding my canopy, how i miss flying so much but hopefully i get out more....

Papa

Get creative, throw one of those foil shade things over the model and it will stay cool. you should be cracking the window a bit anyway. Put the battery in your pocket or lunch box and bring it inside. There now I've solved all your problems and you can come fly with us any evening.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

Yes.  Many of us bring our planes to work.  Hide them somewhere (trunk, hatchback, back seat floor) and cover them up so they don't look like anything interesting.  Crack the windows and maybe open the doors for a few minutes at lunch to let some of the hot air out.  And, as Jack says, take your batteries inside.  The planes can handle quite a bit of heat without a problem.  The worst that will happen is some wrinkly covering, which will probably smooth out when cooled.  Just make sure there are no static loads on the anything that may warp.

Yes, it means you'd have to take the wings off to make the plane hide-able and maybe tell the missus that the grass will get cut TOMORROW, but that's a small price to pay for some beautiful, calm evenings at the flying field.  We wait all winter for weather like this.  We have to push ourselves a little to take advantage of it.

And yes, I am very happy with a successful test flight of the Mew Gull.  I still have to add the stickers to make it look real pretty and I'm going to adjust the thrust line and the CG to make it fly just right.  Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Robert

Michael

Yeah, that is a cool airplane, and it flew great!

Michael
Michael

piker

What test flight?  What did I miss?

Robert

Michael

Michael