Fathers' Day at TEMAC

Started by gordonbw, June 19, 2011, 06:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonbw

Fathers' Day (June 19) was a perfect TEMAC Sunday afternoon.  Lots of cool planes, good friends, sunshine and southeast breezes.  Notable flights:  Mike H's new Pogo (very fast and groovy) Stanley's big 3D machine, and Michael R's 1/4 scale Cub, which he slipped at 10' altitude for us. Michael helped me maiden my new kit-built Sig 4*20, which proved to be in near-perfect trim.  I also flew my Cularis, my repaired Sig Seniorita (now motivated by an Axi 2620) and my Mini-Pulse XT.  Four hours of stress-free bliss!

thehaze

What a great afternoon indeed!

Despite cooking yet another Hobby King Motor in my Formosa I had a great time. And I absolutely love the Pogo. It looks good and flies fast, what else can you ask for in a racing plane?
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

It was a fantastic afternoon.

Stanley flew a delta pusher foamy ARF, that must have been one of the fasted and most aggressive flights I have ever seen.

I maidened Gordon's new plane, a Sig 4-20, which was the closest to perfect trim I have ever experienced in a maiden flight. Only needed 2 clicks of up-trim to maintain altitude at half-throttle.

Each Hazelton brother flew a fast ducted fan.

Tyler flew his Parkzone Thunderbolt with retracts. Very cool!

Phillip flew his trainer over and over and over, getting terrific experience in the wind.

Mike Brody came to the field for the first time this year and did some impressive flying.

I flew my Twin Otter twice, which was personally rewarding, especially after yesterday's crash of my Mustang. I also had a lot of fun with my big Piper Cub doing some really neat flat rudder turns.

I didn't mention other flyers, but it was fun.
Michael

sihinch

Wish I'd been there!  :(

Hoping to make up for missing today by coming tomorrow!  Anyone joining me on Monday? :)

piker

You people are having way too much fun without me   :(

I officially declare TEMAC to be CLOSED until I am free to join the fun!!!  I will announce when the field will re-open.  Hopefully by the Canada Day long weekend....

Piker