What happened? Bucker..

Started by Gregor77, August 07, 2012, 01:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Please look at the video that Jeff posted.

Bucker 133 Jungmeister Bi-Plane

I was flying fine and then I wanted to do a hammer head and the plane just dropped.  I had no alerion controls and the plane was tracking sideways like something jammed prior to landing.  You can see my landing .. I was trying to level out...    I inspected the plane and it all looked fine?  Maybe someone has a better eye than me?

bfeist

It looks like it snapped after the hammerhead due to up elevator before having sufficient airspeed. Next time dive to speed before pulling up and see if it happens again.

Gregor77

It started to spin violently...  ???   It ailerons were uneffective and then I pulled up and it levelled out for a bit, but then tracked sideways...

Ededge2002

Possibly somthing binding?  It looked like a stall at first but I do see you trying to level but no result. Strange. Check stripped servo? Servo loose?  Did look like mechanical/radio not flight failure
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

flying saucer

Frank v B

Greg,

Two things come to mind.  In the second video it looks like the plane is flying tail heavy.  It is dragging its rear end around the turns.  In the first video just before it tumbled, it looked like you had throttled back and were at marginal airspeed when you gave up elevator.  It looks like it snapped on you. 
Solution is to dive straight down, gain speed (throttle plus gravity), only then up elevator.  It looked like your input was up elevator first before it had gained speed.  Regardless... great save.
Any landing is a good landing as long as it is on the field and the airplane in one piece.  The stop in the piked position is a great touch in both videos.

Frank v B.
"Never trade luck for skill"