After 51 days its FINALLY HERE!

Started by fearless, August 13, 2014, 06:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearless

Just received my Jet, and I can't wipe the smile off my face lolz.

Now when will the TEST battery's be here.

battlestu

Very cool...can't wait to see that go
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

gordonbw

frajolex

It looks awesome!  :D

Where did you buy it?
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

fearless

I bought mines direct from the manufacture http://www.taft-hobby.com  but you could also get it from bananahobby.com.
Came to 290usd with pay pal fee without shipping PNF.  Let me know if you intrested I have TAFT CHEN contact, I can give it too you if you want.

sihinch

You can get it locally from PayLessRC too!

Wingnutz

Hey Fearless,
Composite construction? If you're not already talking to Jeff Feldsher, probably worth chatting with him. He flys a Viper Jet regularly at ROGO. Does your model have retracts or are you planning to belly land?
If you're belly landing, ask Jeff about extending flaps for a belly landing...I'd worry that with a low wing model(it looks low wing in the photo) extending flaps for a belly landing might tear them off.
Have fun! Model looks great.
BTW, 51 days? Did you count?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

gmcnic

I agree with Wingnutz about contacting Jeff.
He loves his Viper and any other jet!

I would also recommend becoming familiar with its slow flight characteristics both in clean (gear-up, flaps-retracted) and landing (gear-down, flaps-extended) configurations at several mistakes high altitude to see when and how it stalls--does it shake, drop a wing, nose over, etc.

Meantime, found this video on Youtube.  This guy has several including the unboxing.
If the sound is real in these, it sounds amazing.
http://youtu.be/DpDvWxWlhUw

gmcnic

BTW, just wondering who are you "Fearless"?

fearless

Hi Guys,

Yes I actually saw this video and a few other of this same jet also the turbine sound it makes had me sold.
Going to use the plane to it's full potential so I won't be belly landing anytime soon.

Regards fella's
CHI/NICK which one you prefer lolz.