All the Taranis Open Systems gurus out there

Started by Ex14th, August 07, 2016, 08:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex14th

I was given two brand new FrSky V8R7SP receivers, with the RF modules.

Since it says on the case that it is ACCST protocol, I thought that it probably will be compatible with the Taranis Plus transmitter I already have. Ain't so, wouldn't bind.

It would be a complete waste on these receivers for me because I junked my "trusted" JR 9X since acquired the Taranis.

Any suggestion, 700-watt soldering iron, hacksaw, etc. etc ???

Thx,

Alex

Crazyflyer

Hi Alex, I am a newbie with Taranis but on the menu page with the binding button, you may want to change the internal RF mode (D8 vs D16) and the channel range (1-8 vs1-16).
When I couldn't bind, that was my issue, hopefully it is as simple as that for you.

Stephan

Oscar

Hi Alex

I found the YouTube link on how to bind VBR7 to Taranis.  Maybe this would help you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK8_HYIiY88

Ex14th

Oscar's video is good for the V8R7 II only, not for the SP.

Yes indeed, the module has been selected to D8, but again, only works on the II receivers, not the SP.

Thanks though,

Alex

sihinch

Does this help, Alex?

Ex14th

Simon,

It is the instruction how to bind the receiver to the RF Module that came with the package - to convert an old 72 mHz transmitter to 2.4, using ACCST protocol.

A lot of people might have tried to bind it to a Taranis tranni, but failed. This model was eventually replaced by the V8R7 II, which works with the Taranis transmitter fine.

But the II is still selling for over 30 bucks a piece, might as well get the real thing with the S-Bus.

This is a good exercise for all the Taranis owners out there.

Oscar

Hi Alex

You are correct.  It's different.  From my research, the SP version will not work with Taranis unless you have the external module.  Which external RF module do you have for the Taranis?  I read the V8R7SP receiver compatible with only those modules:

V8FT, V8JT, V8HT, DFT, DJT, DHT and DHT-U.

Here is the V8FT external module manual I found in Internet - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/900630620X13251X41.pdf