Please help me!!! Does anyone have model mags I can borrow..pretty please.

Started by Frank v B, February 14, 2023, 06:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

It's now been 5 days since my knee operation and I will officially start to go nuts in a day or two.

Painful exercises, pain management, limited mobility, not being able to do things myself, etc., etc.... but happy to be alive.

If anyone has any model magazines I can borrow, please get them either to Mark Satin (Yonge and Centre) or Andy Hoffer (Bayview and Finch).
I will get them back to you in the same condition within two weeks after bribing someone to get them to you.  ;D

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

PDS

What kind of models are you looking for? Playboy or airplane?  ;)

You likely know this but... you can download all of the Model Aviation Canada magazines from the MAAC website and read them on your computer or phone.

I hope your recovery goes better than expected.

Paul S

GuyOReilly

Hello @Frank v B ; how is your French?  I have a few French magazines I could  lend you.  They have full size plans.
How is your German?  I have a couple of very old Graupner Modellbau Katalogs (circa 1971) that contain dream-like cheap kits.
Delivery included and you need not ask on bended knee...
Guy

Frank v B

Thanks to Paul and Guy for even reading the post.

Paul, I am looking for model airplane magazines but come to think of it, bringing either into the house will get me killed.  I suspect airplane magazines will be rewarded by a razor sharp knife, Playboy with a dull, rusty one.  ;)

Guy, yes I have a working knowledge of French (the Parisian kind) and I speak Dutch.  Dutch is classified as a Germanic language.  Pictures and plans are a universal language.  8)

Oh, and I have read every MAAC magazine for the last 34 years.

Frank

GuyOReilly

@Frank v B there are 13 French and one German magazine and 2 German Graupner Modellbau Katalog ready for delivery.
Let me knee... oops... know your availability and I will drop these off.
Many have full-size plans for your viewing or building pleasure.
Guy

Frank v B

Thank you Guy....and add a bag of balsa shavings to add realism to the plans. ;D

Frank

ps: I will not be in my shop for a week or two.  No walker access.

GordPayne

Hi Frank.

I have about 12 recent Jack Reacher, John Le Carre and other crime/espionage novels I was going to donate to my school staff room. Other than the Le Carre, they're fun light entertainment. If you'd like them, let me know and I'll get them to Mark. 
Old Buttonville proverb,"If you have to hit the fence, hit the far fence, not the near fence."

Chappers

Frank - I have some UK RCM&E magazines with plans in them - you can sniff the balsa glue from some of them to ease the pain!

I can drop them off at your house if that is convenient - in a plain envelope to allay suspicians!

Text or me to give me your address and convenient time - will be quicker than DMing on the TEMAC site as i don't log in regularly...

sihinch

Hope you kneel, sorry I mean feel well again soon! Wishing you a speedy recovery and I'll see what I can find.

Frank v B

Simon Chapman- I have sent you a PM with my address.  My favourite magazine.

Simon H.- it will be many moons before I will be kneeling anywhere or for anyone. :)

Frank

electroflyer

Hey Frank,
  Sorry to hear about your pain and suffering.
  Let me know if you require any more reading material.

Get well soon!
   Glenn

Frank v B

Guy showed up with a bag of magazines and a jar of balsa dust to enhance the experience.
Good thing he was not stopped by the Police.  "Sir, explain to us what is in this jar"   ;D

Thanks Guy.

Frank

Frank v B

... and Simon Chapman does his best to look like a Canada Post employee.
Waaayyy too efficient.

Thanks Simon.

Frank