Hook & Loop

Started by Papa, September 27, 2007, 05:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

From your experience which is better, hook on the battery and loop in the battery compartment or vice versa? Does it really matter?

Jack Higgins
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Michael

I use the softer part for the batteries, probably from habit from older battery packs where the softer tape would fit the curved sections of some batteries, and the stiffer tape on the battery tray, which is usually flat. I also either add CA or epoxy to the tape on the battery tray, as I've had the tape pull off when very hot.

It probably doesn't really matter.

Michael
Michael

glenh

I agree.

Use the soft half on the removable part. Stops you sticking to carpets and such, and collecting lint, as well as scratching any Monokote. Seems to be the standard anyway, if you are trading parts in the field. At anyrate, whatever you do, do it the same on all your planes and parts.

Glen
Glen
www.gdhplanes.com

piker

I tend to agree too even though ALL my stuff is with the soft part in the plane and the hook stuff on the battery.  I agree because my battery packs tend to pick up dry grass  [:D]

However, it's easier to pick grass and other foreign objects grom a battery pack than from deep inside an airplane fuselage.  Also, I used to use my nicads to stop my planes from rolling around in the back of my car.  I could use the packs as chocks as the velcro holds them to the carpeting  [:I]

Otherwise, there's no real practical reason for either way, except as Glen points out that the soft stuff on the battery seems to be the norm, so lending / borrowing packs would be easier.... if ever there was a need.  

Robert

Papa

Thank you all, what you say makes sense and I will follow your lead.
Thank You.
Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

bfeist

I put the hook part on the battery. The thought was that the softer part would act as an insulator and would reduce cooling. Not sure how much affect it has, but it must be some.

Benjamin Feist - EMFSO Website Developer