TEMAC on Twitter!

Started by thehaze, May 31, 2011, 09:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Trying a little social media experiment.

TEMAC is now on Twitter. Under the user TEMACRC. For those of you already on twitter please follow this feed.

The intention here is to use twitter to tell others about what's happening at the field right now. I, and a small few will post directly to this feed about events such as flight training, Formosa Racing, and anything else in 140 characters or less. Anyone who follows the thread, or makes a direct mention about TEMAC on their personal twitter feed by using the @TEMACRC identifier will be re-tweeted by the main TEMACRC feed. For example a simple post from a TEMAC member might look like "I'm going to @TEMACRC at 17:00. Anyone want to race Formosas?" or "Flight instruction available to anyone after 18:00 @TEMACRC"  anyone following the TEMAC twitter feed will see this and can reply to it as well.

Twitter is a little awkward at first but once you use it for a bit, it's not that hard. Here's a link on how to get started.

http://davefleet.com/2008/10/practical-101s-getting-started-with-twitter/

Happy Tweeting!

Mike
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

battlestu

i guess i have a reason to join twitter now ;)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Hm - for some reason I can't find us on Twitter......

It says "no people results for TEMACRC"

Any hints?

thehaze

That's odd. Try either searching for TEMAC RC or look for people trending TEMACRC or send me your user name and I will follow you.

cs373

I'm having trouble too...My user name on twitter is CS373 ;)

sihinch

Found it now!

When I searched for TEMACRC it came back with "no results" but then when I clicked the option "view all Tweets" there it was, in fun glory!

Now following......

cs373

Papa

OK Mike what's wrong. I've sent three tweets, I think, but none show up on TEMAC RC. So how do I send a tweet? is it like a small e-mail? Do I need to address it? How? Help?

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

thehaze

Jack,

I can't even find you on twitter.

MarcV

I don't have an account, but this works for me:
http://twitter.com/?q=temacrc#!/search/realtime/TEMACRC

Click on the "All" link if nothing shows.

Marc

thehaze

Hi jack, I found you on twitter. And I think I know why nobody was seeing your tweets. Your feed has a lock symbol on it which means you've set your privacy settings are blocking most people from reading your posts.  You should reduce your privacy restrictions and that should clear things up. For you.