Flying Tuesday October 3rd. 2012

Started by Gregor77, October 03, 2012, 09:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Well, I had a chance to meet up with Cliff / Bill / Dave / Jeff and Thomas last night.  It was a bit breezy but pretty good none the less.  I grabbed my FMS HS-123 and used one of Ron's old poly quest batteries.  It gave the plane a bit more power.   With the wind I had to really "fly" the plane, but it flew well.  Cliff flew the "Buzz Berling" Spitfire and his Dynam Mustang.  Both  flew very well.  Bill flew his F-18 in the tiger colours and it looked amazing.   Dave was using another 3D plane (not sure what it was).

Thomas flew his Apprentice and it flew great. I trimmed it out for him and he had a good 12 min flight dancing around the clouds.   

I have very little experience with the apprentice and I like the way it flies.  I do notice it does drop the nose during the turns with little up.  That is the only thing I find a bit odd.  It's hard to explain, it's like it dips on a hard left or right bank.  Even with up, it seems more than normal.

I can't figure out why we have so many bugs still at the field!  lol!

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

imran13

Um, Greg? It was Tuesday October the 2ND

Not 3rd, today's the 3rd.
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Gregor77

It's called Age....
  >:(

Yes, you are right...

Maybe I was  hoping to get out to the field again yesterday.   Anyone go?

flying saucer

No, but I'm hoping to come out this afternoon/tonight. Although it looks like I have two packages from two different vendors arriving for me today, or what I like to call "The Perfect Storm"

Gregor77

Great!

If the weather is good, I will also try to make it out.