Flying sunday Dec 30th! Get your last flights of the year in well you can!!

Started by Ededge2002, December 29, 2012, 10:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

weather looks possible tomorrow..  the sun is even scheduled to appear from 12-4!!  IMAGINE! 

Im considering making a visit to the field.  Who is in?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Better bring snowshoes and your CAA membership card!  Should be fun with 15 cm of snow on the driveway and the field!

Gregor77

We have been playing in the park out front of the house in -10 weather... I should be able to get John M out for a few flights.  we spent a few nights retro fitting navi lights on an older HZ super cub.  Looks great!

I burned out some motors on some older "winter" planes... so I might have to find something else to fly?

Ededge2002

Oh Andy.  Dont you remember walking to school in 4' of snow up hill both ways?  15cm should be childs play!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on December 30, 2012, 09:10:33 AM
Oh Andy.  Dont you remember walking to school in 4' of snow up hill both ways?  15cm should be childs play!

Yeah, baby!  In a snowstorm! I'm a Winnipeg boy!! I remember walking onto the roof of my junior high school via the drifts.

http://timemachine.siamandas.com/PAGES/winnipeg_stories/BLIZZARD_1966.htm
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/think-this-winters-bad-think-again-117393448.html

Andy

Ededge2002

I'm at the field. Backed right in. Only a little snow on the driveway....  I do have snow tires.   Hope I have enough batteries to last till spring.

Bobmic

I only joined for two flights today - on the second the panther sucked too much snow and the fan did not generate enough power but was still nice to go flying.
Ed and Jeff pulled out some crazy stunts ..:)

Ededge2002

Those are some great shots Bobby!  Im glad Jeff and Bobby joined me today at the field it was a beautiful day to get some sun and enjoy some flying.  Those of you that didnt join in missed the fun!

flying saucer

Absolutely! Was great to head out to the field and fly a few packs in the afternoon sun. We even managed to get a few doppler readings. Getting in and out was easy as well if anyone is planning on going.