Testing new ways of flying RC models ...

Started by Bobmic, January 05, 2013, 07:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmic

So it's winter and today I decided to test a new mode of flying without actually looking at the plane. All I can say is that I found some surprising results.
... Pending on the interest I will post the results and with some interesting photos.

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Bobmic on January 05, 2013, 07:07:13 PM
So it's winter and today I decided to test a new mode of flying without actually looking at the plane. All I can say is that I found some surprising results.
... Pending on the interest I will post the results and with some interesting photos.

Okay Bobby!

We're waiting .....

Andy

Ededge2002

Well I didnt use a new method to fly but I did land different than I ever had today. I was landing my hotliner and I misjudged how soft the first touch of snow was and it DISAPEARED. Stopped in just a few feet by a soft snow drift. No damage or anything. Guess I should have flared just a little more!

Bobmic

Sorry for the delay I was looking for a replacement...
As for the Force - I am practicing every day and hope something will move eventually.

OK so here's the deal, was flying the Panther today and Simon was trying to measure the speed (which he couldn't) at this point I found myself looking at Simon playing with the app on his phone. Not sure why I didn't just dropped the remote and went over to take a look. Only after a couple of seconds I realized I was still "Flying", the only small problem was that at this stage the plane was close to full throttle closing in straight down towards the ground.
Tried to pull up but it was way to close and the only thing I could do was to pull back on the throttle.
I shouldn't have reinforced the fuse with Fiberglass it would have saved me from cutting it into smaller pieces so it will fit in the garbage bag.

...On a second thought the pilot probably slipped on a Banana peel and just bailed.

Ededge2002

Is there an app that can put it back together?

Sorry you lost the panther.  this kind of fits in to the same thought as texting and driving...

Ive used this APP and there are a couple tips:

1) Fly FAST!
2) Fly LOW!
3) Fly LOUD!

Papa

Now we know why the field is bumpy.
It's all this divot making remote sensory flying.

Next you'll try to convince me you have a fairy
flying the plane or whatever magical folk live
in the desert in Israel. LOL.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Bobmic on January 05, 2013, 11:03:06 PM
Sorry for the delay I was looking for a replacement...
As for the Force - I am practicing every day and hope something will move eventually.

OK so here's the deal, was flying the Panther today and Simon was trying to measure the speed (which he couldn't) at this point I found myself looking at Simon playing with the app on his phone. Not sure why I didn't just dropped the remote and went over to take a look. Only after a couple of seconds I realized I was still "Flying", the only small problem was that at this stage the plane was close to full throttle closing in straight down towards the ground.
Tried to pull up but it was way to close and the only thing I could do was to pull back on the throttle.
I shouldn't have reinforced the fuse with Fiberglass it would have saved me from cutting it into smaller pieces so it will fit in the garbage bag.

...On a second thought the pilot probably slipped on a Banana peel and just bailed.

I`m glad I was safe and sound in the Buttonville control zone while this carnage was going on !! :)

Andy

flying saucer

Whats next bobby? Flying while eating a pastrami on rye, or perhaps ordering a pizza? Although I tried flying my panther on the wrong panther program in my radio...lol

sihinch

Can I just say that I am NOT laughing at someone else's misery & misfortune in the last photo. I was very upset for Bobby.

I think I was just looking so happy to be out flying in January!

Or the thought of Bobby's next plane, that he's inevitably planning!

Bobmic

That's fine Simon, I am laughing at this one.
As for the field bumpiness well it did create a bit of a bump but was quite far off the field and when returning with the pieces Jeff kept trying to kill us his Panther, or maybe be he just flew around to make sure the pilot is not captured:)
Regarding magical folk etc. - I don't believe in that as it is really kids stuff however the FORCE is a totally different story as we all know its true my only problem is where the hell do I find Yoda.

sihinch

Now there's a great thread idea - "Where's Yoda?"

I think on a Sunday he is usually hanging out at the Spa, having a mani-pedi! ;D

S

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

flying saucer

Quote from: Bobmic on January 06, 2013, 12:19:42 PM
when returning with the pieces Jeff kept trying to kill us his Panther, or maybe be he just flew around to make sure the pilot is not captured:)

Nonsense, it was a precision pattern display to honour the passing of a fallen comrade  ;D