Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Gregor77 on July 17, 2014, 08:44:01 AM
Forecast appears to be pretty good today.  After a fantastic night of training, anyone want to hit the field and fly something fun?  I am going to grab my Great Planes SUPER steerman and maybe the Kyosho Spitefire.

I do hope to be there this evening.  As for "hitting the field", I would prefer to leave that to others who are of greater masochistic persuasion than I am.  I am content just to land on it gently.  However, if others want to "hit it", I am more than happy to provide an appreciative audience and assist in recovery efforts.  ;D

Andy

Gregor77

Oh man what a great night again!  Why is no one coming out?  It was a perfect night! 

I am going to try to make it out today, but I have some guests coming over later.  Plus I could use a cold beer after this week.   ???

sihinch

I'm going today - hope to be there by 3pm.

Gregor77

Great!  What do you plan on bringing?   

sihinch

Got the mustang again, repaired with some new connectors, and a new aileron servo ( >:( ) and have some 4S lipos......so probably some EDFs (since I crashed my Dynam mustang!)

thehaze

My Soccer overlords have seen it fit for me to escape the noise and traffic of the Indy for today. I'll be out this evening for some mayhem at TEMAC!
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

flying IT

sihinch

Hey, who's planning to be there Saturday?  :D

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

Sorry, plans changed!  Painting today, flying tomorrow (Sunday.)

battlestu

You missed a good one... Let's do it again tomorrow  ;D
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Gregor77

It's was a fun day. But very humid. Flew my piper Pawnee. Great flying plane.

sihinch

Had a fab day today! Was wonderful to see Greg's big Lancaster - well flown Mr. Cadez!

Not entirely sure what happened between Greg H's Spitfire and my Mosquito, but it ended in carnage. Sorry about the Spit Greg!

Thanks to Glenn (and Jack) for helping fix the handling issues on my Snitch/Vixen. It was very pitch sensitive until I added some tape under the rear of the wing, to adjust the incidence. Looks like it may be a viable race option now!

Flying the Rifle 1M was a blast - it was super stable. But it gets invisible on final, flying directly towards you . Now it's time to prop up!

And thanks to Rob for letting me maiden his PZ Mossie and PZ Spitfire. Really enjoyed that.

Oh, and we had some mini races with Nooners and EF1 planes. Greg H won the first EF1 race, in which Glenn finished 1st and I beat them both!!!!

Michael also flew his big Tiger Moth and Jeff flew his Reverb (with a slight glitch at the end.) Great to catch up with Gordon, Dave M & Ken Ross (I have your lipos) and also see 2 Apprentices, flown by John P and Graham.  Did I miss anyone?

Awesome times! Thanks everyone.

gmcnic

"Oh, and we had some mini races with Nooners and EF1 planes. Greg H won the first EF1 race, in which Glenn finished 1st and I beat them both!!!!"

Simon-  too much painting this weekend? ???

sihinch