Michael

sihinch

It's actually "Queen's English."  ;D

electroflyer

Sorry Michael,
It's "eh".....lol

sihinch

I accidentally deleted this by Rob:

"Oh man!  For the past 40 years I've been using ...'s to denote possession.  Very recently (maybe a couple of months ago), we did this little grammar test online and one of the questions was about it's vs its, and I got it wrong because I used it's for possession.  I was devastated and embarrassed that I've been using it incorrectly for so long.  Now,  I know it is different with "it", vs say, "Queen", but I had a second thought as I typed that comment and "corrected" it to be wrong!  Ugh!  Oh, and I had a capitol E, initially, but changed that too   

Well, I do like to say I can't imagine being able to speak another language when I can't even speak (or spell) English properly   ;D"

piker

So, THAT's how it's gonna be, eh, Simon?  Deleting my posts now.  I see how the "E"nglish play   ;D

Oh, it's back now.  You're forgiven...

sihinch

Michael

Huh?

(Oh wait, that's American.)
Michael

piker

;D

I wonder if Colin would like his build thread back.

wollins

Well, got back last night .... to two feet of snow in the driveway!  :o From 29 degrees to minus 13 degrees in five hours!  ::)  Anyway, a great time was had by all, even though Mya got sick for a couple of days cause she hung in there like a trooper. (she was really not feeling well in the pic hence the lack of her usual bubbly smile)

There is something to be said for an obsession ... when you're on vacation on a beautiful island and every "down time" moment you get you're thinking about the next step in your build! lol!  Having said that, I'm gonna try to do the bullet fairing for the tailplane at some point today. (after shovelling the driveway of course)

Colin   
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

electroflyer

Welcome back! Why is it that a week goes so fast when you're on vacation?  ???
  Nice that you had time to contemplate your build. I do some of my best building when I'm 2000 miles a way from the project, sipping a Pina Colada!

Glenn

wollins

Thanks Glenn, it was great to go but good to come back.  :) 

So made some progress on the tail bullet fairing. You can see my first attempt with the pink foam was a bit of a disaster so subsequently carved it out of a block of balsa ... much easier to do.

First pic is full size ... am getting pretty close in comparison ... just have to flatten off the top to make it more cylindrical and we're good.  At this stage we're at 28.05ozs which is not too far off from where I want to be at this stage ... I'm guessing I may end up closer to 7 pounds though as opposed to my goal of about 6.  However up to 7 pounds at this wing area is perfectly acceptable and it should still fly like a trainer.  ;D

Colin
|
|
|

electroflyer

Colin,
Nice work on that fairing. That is definitely a complicated piece to cut and sand.
Two thumbs up! ;)

wollins

Thanks Glenn, here it is in its final shape.  Had to make it a little more "cigar like" and I'm now satisfied that this is the closest I can get it to the full sized shape.  ;D

Well, the inspector stopped by last Friday and signed off on the work done so far and gave the go ahead for the work on the wing to get started.  ;)  So, here's my progress thus far. A bit of a wave in the middle but otherwise I'm pleased with how straight I got it considering that this is my first wing. This wing would have to come out to 22 ounces tops for me to get the 6lb goal.  ;D ;D  (and that's with the nacelles, winglets and tip floats!  :o) We'll see.

Colin
|
|
|