Intermittent server problems

Started by bfeist, April 03, 2014, 10:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

No, your computer isn't broken. Our server has been throwing errors for the past few days. I've been working with our hosting company and they're trying to get to the bottom of it. You can see their status on the investigation here http://www.arvixe.com/alerts?key=60294-1079

Ben

sihinch

Thanks for keeping us informed Ben. And for chasing the problem - we know you'll do everything you can.

Where would we be without you?

bfeist

Just fixed a great big SQL error. I'll follow up on this new server instability. Nothing's ever easy :)

Ededge2002

Please do not think this is a complaint.

I have been having repeated troubles with loading the page and accessing "general discussion" for example.  I have found I can click the link and go to a new posted topic in the header but not the particular forum from the main page.  Then if I go to the broken down index for example (club forum, general discussion, intermittent server problems) index on the page I can go to the general discussion area.  Sorry just trying to give some insight. 

Thanks Ben for all you do!  If there was anything I was disappointed in it was that you weren't at the field today!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

bfeist

Hi Ed, not a problem.
I'm not quite clear on what you click in what order to make the problem occur. Can you clarify? Also, is this on mobile or desktop?

Thanks,
Ben

piker

I was having a lot of trouble the past few days, but things are working just great today!

sihinch

Sadly, I must report that I've had problems today.

Just the message that the server is unavailable and not being able to get on the site.

thehaze

I've had that happen as well. The issues seem to be quite random.

I just thought it was the NSA.

NSA operative.... we are not watching you  :)
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

sihinch

Looking for drones? Or is this SkyNet?

bfeist

Enough is enough. Sorry for all of this down-time.
I'm putting my foot down with this ISP. I may need to find a new home for all of my websites (including this one). What a pain.

bfeist

The site will be moving to a new server this evening. Expect down time until the move is complete.

piker

I've been unable to post while using Explorer today, but it's working REASONABLY well in Chrome...although it does take a couple of attempts to load the next page.

bfeist

Server change still hasn't been conducted. The current server has undergone repairs. I'm holding off on moving to an unknown destination until I can determine whether the repairs have had any lasting effect on our current environment.

bfeist

Alright, it's finally going to happen. Expect some site weirdness tonight while we move the site to a new server.

bfeist

Server migration is complete! Hopefully we'll be in better hands now.