Battery order fom HK

Started by wollins, July 21, 2014, 08:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wollins

Ok guys, I just put through a HK "USA warehouse" order using the Purolater shipping option. The value was $99.11 and the Purolater shipping was $29.30. Bit steep relative to the value of the order but hey there was a lipo and some heavy bigger stuff in there. (couple of rolls of covering) 

So now we wait and see how fast ... and if any extra charges.  Again did a dummy "International Warehouse" for the exact same items and again it came out to MORE than the Purolater shipping.

So, if this works ... in other words reasonably fast (one to two weeks) and no extra charges I will resume my relationship with HK! (55 orders so far!)

Will keep everyone posted.

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

wollins

Well, well, I am duly impressed. As others have advised ...  the US warehouse/Purolater combo IS the way to go!  Got my package today ... NINE DAYS AFTER ORDERING.

I have NEVER gotten any order from HK this fast. Even in the good old days I never got an order from them (lipo or Non lipo) faster than 12 days. And no extra fees! (unless they ding me later like FedEx does)  So, guess how I'm gonna be ordering from HK going forward? ;)

Colin
|
|
|

Canuke

Just as a follow up. Someone suggested Motionrc.com  in the US. I ordered batteries on a Sunday, they shipped them Monday I received them Friday of the same week. I used USPS, no duty or taxes, they arrived in my mailbox. Another of our morning fliers ordered some late last week and received them yesterday. Same deal. Prices are very reasonable. Have a look at their site. HobbyKing meanwhile are "investigating " my order which is now more than 8 weeks and still waiting. It's a no brainer now for me where to order stuff. motionrc for the win.

wollins

Awesome heads up Jim, thanks for that!  We need to id ALL sources for affordable lipos.  If anyone else can contribute I'm sure we'd all appreciate it!  ;D

Colin
|
|
|

wollins

Hey Jim,

Which of the following options did you use for your battery order to get them here so quickly?

USPS (First Class Mail International Parcels) 
USPS (Priority Mail International) 
USPS (Express Mail International)

Also, I'm assuming that you ordered the "Admiral" brand?  I've never heard of them ... do you have any prior experience with them and if so ... how do they compare to the HK packs?

Thanks!

Colin
|
|
|

Canuke

I just used the least expensive USPS. I have a sonic 64 wing which I have been flying for a couple of years now. Mostly with 3 cell 2200's  but sometimes with HK 4 cell 2200's (admittedly somewhat puffy). I put in a fresh Admiral 2200 (35c) 4 cell.  It flew much faster for about 30 seconds then blew apart my EDF fan blades. Not sure whether to brag or complain about that. I then looked up HK to replace the fan and they didn't have one. While I was on Motionrc for another order I noticed they did have a replacement fan which I added to my 2nd order. I also got 1300 3 cells which I have tried in my Hyperbype and they are performing better than my HK's. The HK's of course are older.

Polecat

Quote from: Canuke on August 06, 2014, 08:31:27 AM
Just as a follow up. Someone suggested Motionrc.com  in the US. I ordered batteries on a Sunday, they shipped them Monday I received them Friday of the same week. I used USPS, no duty or taxes, they arrived in my mailbox. Another of our morning fliers ordered some late last week and received them yesterday. Same deal. Prices are very reasonable. Have a look at their site. HobbyKing meanwhile are "investigating " my order which is now more than 8 weeks and still waiting. It's a no brainer now for me where to order stuff. motionrc for the win.

When looking for your shipment and its late, go to RCgroups and PM HobbyKingCCNYC, Rob will get you answers asap. Give him your order# and tracking.
What he will do, is reorder from the US warehouse and ship Purolater.
I had lipos sitting in Vancouver for 5 weeks, Rob just place the order with the US warehouse and it is shipped.

Canuke

Thanks for the information. Rob is sending me a replacement order via Fedex. Just a small correction, the group on RCGROUPS is HK C SNY. Again thanks for the help. I'm still going to use rcmotion for batteries at least until HK gets their battery deliveries straightened out.

bfeist

Hi guys, there's already a thread full of sources for things. Post the details for this new place and I'll add it to the original posting.
http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,4208.0.html

p.s. my hobby king order from June still isn't here. There goes the season.

gordonbw

I just abandoned an order for batteries from HK's international warehouse when the only shipping option available was FedEx, and the fees exceeded the value of the items. 

It was nice while it lasted!

Canuke

I received the battery reorder today. Fedex came to my door, no additional charges.  If anybody is in the same position Rob from rcgroups is the answer.

Oscar

Jim

I had a similar incident earlier. Rob from HK-USA (rcgroups) assisted me too. The items were resent from US via FedEx.

FedEx didn't ask for any broker fee or border delivery chart. But a week later, I received the invoice to pay $15.66 as broker fee.

Hopefully this only applies to me.

Oscar

bfeist

So my Hobby King battery order from June just arrived.

battlestu

ouch.... looks like the guys at the post office were playing hack sack with your box. Are the batteries in the same shape as the box?
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

bfeist

Batteries are fine, but the season's pretty much over. And thus ended my relationship with Hobby King.