Fall Clean Up- 2015

Started by gmcnic, October 22, 2015, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmcnic

Hello everyone,

A small change in plans from the Tickler.  We will skip the grass seeding on Saturday.
A very kind recommendation from our friends in Keswick is that we are better to top-seed in mid-September, latest.

So it's rakes and hoes before the coffee and donuts flow-- I'm buying!
The fun begins at 10:00 am this Saturday, 24/October.

Hope to see you there.
Graham

gmcnic

There has been some concern about the weather for Saturday morning.

Winds and rain are in the forecast for tomorrow.
However, the rain should hold off through the morning so at this stage, we are a go.

Will update in the morning should things appear to have changed.

Graham

gmcnic

Updated forecast now shows light rain between 8:00am and 11:00am.
I think we can still work through this and I am still planning to be at the field this morning.

Hope to see some of you there, too :)
Graham

Ashman001

Hi guys,

Came to field after my morning family commitments and no one is here. Guess you finished by 11am.

Sorry I wasn't around to help.

Ash

gmcnic

Sorry about that, Ash.  But to you and everyone else who came out, thank you very much indeed!

The party of approximately 14 was on hand to work the trenches, tidy up the field, stack the chairs, fill holes in the field and winterize the storage bin.  We finished up shortly after 11am when the rain began necessitating a visit to Tims.  Sipping on hot bevies, we learned there is actually a place called "Hoffer" in Saskatchewan...

Great work volunteers and many thank you's again!
Graham

sihinch

Thanks to all who came to help. I had another very important engagement and sadly couldn't be there to help. I hope you'll all understand.

octagon

Conagrats Simon, and to Leslie too!
Glad to have you as a fellow countryman!
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

Congratulations to both of you!

Michael

Wingnutz

Congratulations Simon and Leslie!
Glad the field cleanup went well. Sorry I couldn't join the fun. It was haulout day at Dad's yacht club and since he's no longer able to participate, I was voluntold to be there.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

BJROB

OK we'll let you off this time
Just know that you can only use that excuse once....
for Canada any way...
....Congratulations.....
That's just awesome
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Ashman001

Congratulations to you both, Harper would have called you "new stock".  But to me we are all Canadians.   :)

Ash