Eflite Super Cub 25e ARF

Started by Bigstik, January 18, 2016, 07:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigstik

Purchased this plane today. It's a beauty! I discovered on opening the box and exploring the parts that it doesn't have provision for, nor does Eflite offer a float kit.
Anyone have any suggestions? Can it be modified without too much cutting/butchering?
I'm considering taking it back as the store indicated that floats are available.
Bigstik

piker

I know Ben has the plane and put the floats from his older E-Filte Cub on it.  I recall him saying that there are no floats intended for it... or was it just that he figured he already had the other floats, so used them?  I'm not sure.

Does it look like there's a rear float hard point in the fuselage... toward the rear of the cabin?

Bigstik

Doesn't appear to be. I do have the 'Pulse 25e floats' which may work. I'll have a better look at the Cub tomorrow. Thanks for pitching in Rob.
Bigstik

Gregor77

I have some suggestions on the plane Al.   

I bought a few in the past and build one with the light kit and all details available from E-flite.  Just some things to consider:
1. 4S battery needs to be narrow style to fit
2. Make sure the magnets on the nose to firewall are flush.  If they are not locked 100% it will come off at full throttle and the prop with damage the cowl
3. Build was straight forward, be careful on holding parts like the ailerons (anything plastic) they crack easy.
4. Flight.  Get lots of speed as the plane tends to tip stall on take off (at least mine does), also you need to add weight to the nose as it doesn't come close to balance out of the box.

Considering I only flew it once.. that is all that I can saw...

Bigstik

Thanks for the hu. Really tempted to return it now!
Bigstik

Wingnutz

My neighbour's dog tried to eat mine...still in the box! Picture taken under last year's Christmas tree. Still haven't assembled it but, tap on the TEMAC logo in the upper left of this page and watch the slideshow, including the two shots of Ben's e-Flite Super Cub on floats....the model certainly is a beauty!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Bigstik

Hoping Ben will jump in with some input.
Bigstik

Gregor77

Not trying to discourage you... lol!

Also, make sure to upgrade the rear wheel.  It can fall off and the spring is not really that good.

As for floats, I have no input on that topic.. I have the J3, lol!  Bens old J-3 and I had a chance to try it out on the snow.  It's a bit iffy in the air, but it might have been my cold hands.