Flying this weekend May 25,26

Started by Frank v B, May 22, 2019, 09:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Calling all EF-1 racers

One week until our first race of the season at Orangeville.  This weekend I will be flying my POGO to get the thumb timing down.  Bruce will be flying his new Shoestring, Michael and his new POGO.  This is hoping Glenn, Greg H. and Simon can bring out theirs.

The weather looks a little iffy for Saturday and better on Sunday.  I will post my decision tomorrow.  I may just have to show up both days. 8)

The Orangeville boys will be running scared when they see us coming next week.  As usual, I will be aiming for second last place.  May Cory come in last! ;)

Let the trash talking begin.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

Great to see you guys are getting pumped up, I will get 50 laps in next week hopefully. The field is dry enough to roll, will be doing that tomorrow, however can't drive yet but should be OK for the race.
Thanks Frank for heading this up, I don't think Corey and his crew have been doing much practicing.

Ken

Frank v B

Ken, we are so fast that 50 laps will not get you anywhere!  You'll need at least 150 laps ;D ;D

re:"I don't think Corey and his crew have been doing much practicing."

Who is this Cory guy??? ;)  That should wake him from his deep winter sleep. 8)

Frank

sihinch

I'm afraid I can't fly this weekend. Sorry.

Frank v B

OK Simon,  You don't need to pactise like us mere mortals.  You have great natural talent and our opposition knows that.  They will be shaking in their boots, especially Cory. ;) 8)

Turn left and go fast.

Frank

Frank v B

geeezzzz,  The forecast shows 80% probability of precipitation on Saturday, 20% on Sunday.  An optimist would call 20% close to zero and a pessimist would say "80% rounds up to 100%"

The planes go in my car on Saturday.... just in case..... but I will plan on Sunday.  I will post on Saturday morning before I leave the house (9am).

Frank

ps: One more rainy weekend and I am starting a marine division at TEMAC.  I will volunteer to be the Commodore. ::)  Of course- electric and sail only.

davidk

I'll be a deck hand.  I've had the Fairwind sitting here for 25 years.  My goodness she was yar.

Frank v B

Saturday is now out.  Have 4 business appointments.  So much for semi-retirement.  My retirement coaches Bruce and Malcolm will be giving me $hit over that decision.

I will be out on Sunday.  It is still looking good. 10:00 am - 1:30 pm.

Frank

ps: David, bring the Fairwind and join the sailors in the club.

bweaver

I will be bringing out my Shoestring EF1 racer to give it a go with Frank's help.  (Nothing like getting assistance on my virgin racing skills from 'second last Frank'.   Beggars can't be choosers.)  ::) 

msatin

Will you gents be at ROGO or at the EF-1 event in Orangeville on Sunday?
You never fail until you stop trying

bweaver

We will be at Rogo on Sunday and EF1 races in Orangeville on Sunday June 2nd.  ZOOOOM!

electroflyer

I will have a racer to guys. Will try to arrive around noon.
  Glenn

Polecat

Temac guys will be out in full force, next Sun. Great to see everyone is getting in race mode.

Frank v B

Bruce,

re:"I will be bringing out my Shoestring EF1 racer to give it a go with Frank's help."

A sign of desperate person? ;D

Frank

Michael

I'll be out at noon too!

I'm also bringing EF1 racers, so we should have some spirited flying!

I'm also bringing jets and scale planes; whatever may suit the wind conditions.

See you all there!
Michael