iNav and Flight Controller

Started by sihinch, July 28, 2019, 02:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Does anyone in the club have experience of setting up iNav for a fixed wing model on a flight controller?

I'm trying a build for the first time and almost everything is working fine but there is a lag on the throttle when I go from 0-100.

Would love some help.

I'm using a Matek 722 Wing FC.

Palkina

Hi Simon,

Nice controller. Does it happen when it is in Manual  (Pass-through) Mode?

sihinch

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for replying. I fixed it - needed to calibrate the ESC.

Now I need to work out why the control surfaces hardly move in horizon and rate mode!!!!

Cheers,
S

Palkina

It is a normal behavior. Under these modes the throws are minimal. The most important  thing is to make sure the controls move in to the expected direction when you move the plane out of level, and under all modes the controls follows the rule of the high five.  There are some settings you need to set using the CLI. Let me know and I will share the ones I am using on the apprentice.

sihinch

Hey Carlos - thanks again!

Yeah, I checked the "high five" and I pass. But would love to see your CLI dump for the Apprentice, please! Thank you

Palkina

Hi Simon.

My guess you already performed the following steps:
1. Choose the mixer for a Fixed Wing and selected the type of plane.
2. Loaded the profile
3. Performed calibration. Verify that
#accgain_x, accgain_y and accgain_z parameters are NOT 4096.
#If they are, algorithm failed to converge, calibration failed and needs to be repeated. In addition,
#acczero_x, acczero_y, acczero_z, should not be 0 any more.
4. Backup these settings. You do not want to perform the calibration one more time.
5. Set the angles of the board if it is not aligned with the plane, for example rotated, etc
7. Verify in setup tab, when you move the plane, the box follows the movements of the plane. 
The following are the minimal parameters to start with:

set max_angle_inclination_rll = 600
set max_angle_inclination_pit = 600
set small_angle = 180
set nav_rth_allow_landing = NEVER
set nav_rth_climb_first = OFF
#70 meters
set nav_rth_altitude = 7000
set failsafe_throttle_low_delay = 0
set failsafe_procedure = RTH
set inav_reset_home = FIRST_ARM
#Unless you want your home position to be reset during mid air re-armings

There are several more advanced ones, that should be tried once you are happy with the initial flying in Manual, Angle and Horizon Modes.

sihinch

Thanks Carlos! Looks like I need you there when I fly it for the first time!!  ;D