Cullen auction pick-up confirmed- Sunday, Dec 5 10 am- "Chez Dickinson"

Started by Frank v B, December 04, 2021, 03:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Confirmed

Sunday Dec 5 10 am pick-up of all planes and stuff is confirmed at Rob's place 10 am for about an hour.
I have a carload of airplanes and RC stuff.  Just picked everything up from Malcolm. 
He insisted I pay for coffee and donuts and wanted to give me money for it.  I told him it would be paid for out of the proceeds and that I would look after it and donate the balance.
Please wear your masks and be kind to Rob and his wife.  They are doing us a favour.  We will not be going inside the house.

See you at Rob's house.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

Thanks Malcolm and Frank.

Frank, do you want some help with the coffee?

David

Michael

I will wear a mask, and be kind to Rob's wife.

Why do I have to be kind to Rob?
Michael

davidk

Quote from: Michael on December 04, 2021, 05:01:41 PM
I will wear a mask, and be kind to Rob's wife.

Why do I have to be kind to Rob?

Hey... Yeah... same question...

Frank v B

Why be kind to Rob?  Very simple.  He hurt himself Friday, had to get an X-ray and yet he still volunteered to keep his promise to host the prisoner exchange (planes for money). ;)
We don't have to be nice to him at the field because he got there on his own steam and therefore he is fair game.  ;D

Frank

Frank v B

Thank you Dave for your coffee offer.  You get, I pay.*

Frank

*  I have a 9:30 businesss appointment at Bathurst and Clark  This way there is some timing leeway.  Wouldn't want to disappoint my RC friends.

Frank v B

All the items were delivered to the new rightful owners who paid for the privilege.

- Malcolm's proceeds paid for the coffee and donuts... and the hot chocolate for DavidK.
- Thank you to Rob for hosting the "prisoner exchange" (cash for planes) and to David for picking up the coffee and donuts.
- thank you Malcolm for the kind donations of materials that put smiles on many members' faces and so far $360 for the Club kitty.

We benefitted, yet Malcolm just wrote me:

"Afternoon Frank

I wanted to thank you again for all the trouble you have gone through to distribute the planes and paraphernalia to people who could enjoy them. I know it took a great deal of time and work and I am very appreciative of your time. Also, that you got me hooked on flying was of great joy to me and the wonderful people I met at the field.

Thank you again and your Apprentice is here and no hurry for it to be collected. It is not in the way, unless Cynthia would prefer you hang it in the kitchen as art..........................

Regards

Malcolm"

The extra Apprentice Malcolm is referring to in his note will be TEMAC's new Club trainer.  The old one was beat up.

The photos are below.  Notice Rob appears to be standing behind the coffee table (photo 94).  He was really standing there to protect his home and his family from us. Last line of defence. ;D
It was fun on a cold and miserable day.

Frank

BJROB

Hey guys sorry that I couldn't make it
I was playing to day and could not change the order...
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Frank v B

BJ,

We missed you!  Rob D. has your plane and can be liberated from his garage for a price.  I wouldn't leave it there too long since he has threatened to make it disappear forever...probably into his basement. ;)

Frank

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?