Wednesday July 24- starting at 5- Will be there rain or shine.

Started by Frank v B, July 24, 2024, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Sorry for the late post.  There will be instruction tonight....rain or shine.
Starting at 5:00

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Well, we've got the rain, so I guess there will be instruction.  I will offer a short class on how to read and understand weather forecasts, especially re critical thinking to inform the decision to take electrically conductive devices into a the vicinity of thunderstorms.  Ben Franklin did this with kites and a key. but it works with RC too!!!

With greatest respect for our CFI,

Andy 😎

GuyOReilly

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on July 24, 2024, 02:25:12 PMWell, we've got the rain, so I guess there will be instruction.  I will offer a short class on how to read and understand weather forecasts, especially re critical thinking to inform the decision to take electrically conductive devices into a the vicinity of thunderstorms.  Ben Franklin did this with kites and a key. but it works with RC too!!!
Andy
😎

As a complement your training:
TAF CYOO 241807Z 2418/2502 20012KT P6SM FEW015 SCT040
TEMPO 2418/2420 VRB15G25KT 2SM TSRA BR BKN015CB OVC040
Guy

Andy Hoffer

I LOVE the tempos!!!

Wait till Frank discovers they're not talking about music!!!

😎

Andy Hoffer

One of the important lessons in our CFI's curriculum is proper footwear for the existing conditions.  In my rush to  ingratiate myself with said CFI by retrieving his downed Guillows Mimi-me from the recently soaked wheat field, I forgot to put on my Dutch clogs which are designed for such assignments.  I was so excited that I didn't even think of donning the rubber boots I keep in the car for such auspicious events. Anyways, my erstwhile clogs are drying by molecular diffusion, and I will post a photo of them in my car as a reminder  for future expeditions to the back 40 (aka De Polders) in my pursuit of continual improvement.

Andy 😇

Andy Hoffer

Hmm!  10:08 pm and still no post from Frank.

He must REALLY be pushing his cerebral CPU to the max! I'm sure it will be worth the wait!!

Attentive student Andy 😎

Frank v B

Well, we flew.  The rain stopped at about 4:30 and the flying started.  Flew until after 7 pm.
Instructor George was kept busy.  Groundies Mark and Paul figured out the Spektrum buddy box problems for two people.
Modelling's equivalent to the Big Bang Theory. George's 7 year-old grandson Marcus gave his grandfather some pointers on flying in tough conditions. Students were Jeff, Omar and Amir.

Photo report:
55- Jeff eating the other arm off his glasses. (one arm was already missing)
56- Paul relaxing with dinner.
57- Andy trying to find the "on" switch on his I-phone.
60- Andy and his wet clogs after retrieving my Arrow.  Lost control after losing signal.
64- Omar is sad because his transmitter is on its way.  He was borrowing George's.
65- Jeff proudly showing off his repaired KingFisher.  Jeff used 70 toothpicks and two tubes of Epoxy to repair it.
67- Amir getting help from Mark to get his transmitters to talk....the same language.
69- too bad George and Omar have no idea how to have fun.
72- Marcus accompanied his grandfather George tonight.
73- Marcus giving George some pointers.
75- the only buddy box system that works with Spektrum.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

That is the BEST nasty photo of me ever!!   Bravo Frank!  😎

Andy