I'm going to TEMAC today!

Started by Michael, April 21, 2007, 09:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I'm going to check out the conditions of the field on this warm, dry and low-wind day. [:D]

I expect to arrive at about 2:30pm in case anyone wants to meet me there. (I'm also bringing 4 planes to fly, just in case.)

Michael
Michael

pmackenzie

I tried to talk Ivan into going, but he figured it would be too wet and muddy.
We went over to the park and flew there.
Tell me he is wrong, and perhaps I can talk him into it tomorrow.
It might not be too hard. He got a ticket for parking on the road in the park. Cost more than TEMAC for a year[:0]

Pat MacKenzie

gordonbw

Let us know how the field looks -- I'd like to go up tomorrow if it's worthwhile.

Gordon Braun-Woodbury
"How on earth do I land this thing?"

Michael

We flew today.
Bill Vining and I flew this afternoon; I heard some others flew this morning.

For a short report, check out the TEMAC website, and click on the NEWS link.

www.temac.ca

Michael
Michael

piker

Yep.  Glenn and I flew this morning.  A little too muddy to drive ALL the way in, but we were able to park just inside the tree line and the flying field itself is pretty good.  I flew the Cub off wheels and it was no problem.  No worse than in the fall.

There are plenty of holes that would benefit from filling.  Now would be a good time.

Robert

piker

Hey!  Is that a Luton Minor?  I built a freeflight .020 glow version in the early '80 when I was a teenager (dope and tissue and all).  It never flew, hung from my workshop ceiling for YEARS, then disappeared.  I must have figured I would never fly it and chucked it.  Now I wish I hadn't.  It might have made a great electric.  Figures [:I]

Robert

gordonbw

Sounds good!  Anybody going up there tomorrow?

Gordon Braun-Woodbury
"How on earth do I land this thing?"

Michael

I drove in all the way, no problem (4 wheel drive).

The plane is called an Avionet. It flies at half-throttle on an Astro 010 brushless; Tookoff great from the field.

As far as the field is concerned, I spoke to a machine rental company in the area. They can rent us a 1-ton rolling machine that can flatten the field in 2 or three runs and won't hurt the grass - only $97 for a full day!

They can also reant us a 2-ton machine, that may hurt the grass, but flatten the field well in one run.

Sunday flying? I hope so. I'm waiting for permission from my boss.
I'll post later tonight.

Michael
Michael

pmackenzie

I see by the picture of Glenn flying with Rob supervising, that the MAAC "safety fence" is ,as always, being properly observed [;)]

Pat MacKenzie

wollins

quote:
Originally posted by Michael

They can also reant us a 2-ton machine, that may hurt the grass, but flatten the field well in one run.
Michael

I vote for TWO TON ... for TWO runs!!! [:D]  Lets git er' done! [:D]

Colin.

|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'! :)
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

piker

[quoteI see by the picture of Glenn flying with Rob supervising, that the MAAC "safety fence" is ,as always, being properly observed [;)][/quote]

Glenn's fault.  Not mine  [:D]

Michael

I plan on being there by 11am Sunday.

Michael

Michael
Michael

electroflyer

Thanks Rob,

Always getting me in trouble![^]

Michael

Another nice day at TEMAC.

More photos posted.

www.temac.ca

Press the NEWS link.

Michael
Michael

slo-poke

As far as the field is concerned, I spoke to a machine rental company in the area. They can rent us a 1-ton rolling machine that can flatten the field in 2 or three runs and won't hurt the grass - only $97 for a full day!

[V] OUCH! Why not just pave the field . You'll get the same results and it won't be muddy in Spring.And you won't be making more of those wheel swallowing cracks. But what do I know?