What planes would you like to build?

Started by sihinch, August 09, 2013, 10:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Thought I'd start a thread about "what planes would you like to build, that you can't find a plan/kit/ARF for?"

Maybe someone knows of a plan? Or maybe someone could help design one? Also thought it would be fun to see what people would build, if they could.

For me, my(current) list is:

1) Blackburn Buccaneer
2) Sukhoi PAK-FA (I'm sure one will come soon!)

Gregor77

battlestu

I've always wanted to build a Do-335, Seadart, or a Hughes H-1

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Ooo, I like the pictures!  :D

I'm going to edit my post to add pictures~!

gordonbw

Avro (Westland) Lysander.  My father was an RCAF airframe mechanic in WWII and worked on them.  So ugly it's beautiful!

bfeist

Quote from: gordonbw on August 09, 2013, 05:11:51 PM
Avro (Westland) Lysander.  My father was an RCAF airframe mechanic in WWII and worked on them.  So ugly it's beautiful!

God that thing is amazing looking. That paint scheme would be killer!

Tom M.

Quote from: gordonbw on August 09, 2013, 05:11:51 PM
Look no furthur!     http://www.tonynijhuisdesigns.co.uk/Lysander66.htm
  Tom

gordonbw

Ooh, nice!  Except that in the videos it's being flown at Reno racer scale speed.   This would definitely be a challenging build.  Thanks for pointing it out, Tom!

piker

That's how everyone flies gas/glow planes.  I think it's because of the sound.  They can't wait to get the noise away from themselves.

Actually, it seems pretty windy, perhaps he's keeping the speed up because of that.

Or is it because the glow engines spin a small prop relatively fast, so to get the thrust, they get speed, unlike us, who can get great torque without the associated speed.

Robert

Gregor77

I wish that they would come out with a JU88 or a nice twin.. I see the HK BF110 will be out in a month or two.  That would be good for BB day!

Tomahawk

Make sure you check the Outerzone.  They have 6 free plans available of the Lysander in different sizes.
Easy to scale to the size you want.

Chris

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/search/results.asp?keyword=Lysander&Submit=Go