Plans for August and September

Started by Michael, July 22, 2006, 02:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I haven't been up to TEMAC since about 10 days ago; I've been really busy at work and now I will be out of town for a week.

Starting in August, I plan on spending much more time at TEMAC. If anyone wants or needs help learning to fly, please email me, or leave a message on this board, and I will find helpers as needed.

Also, I want to arrange a one or two day funfly this Labour Day weekend. Please respond here if you want a Saturday or a Sunday funfly, or if you want a 2-day funfly. I'll try to make as many people happy as possible.

If a 2-day funfly is wanted, I will need a little help is managing the event.

Michael
Michael

gordonbw

My vote is for a one-day TEMAC funfly on the Labour Day Saturday.  

Re this past weekend's flying.... I arrived at TEMAC on Sunday July 23 around 1:00 pm, and stayed until the thunderstorm drove me away.  Completed five flights with my Formosa and Zagi, and admired Colin's piloting skills with his magnificent Yak.  

No sign of my vanished LT-25 yet.  I have a strong suspicion that it is in a field of tall grass about 1/4 mile west of TEMAC on the north side of Stouffville Road. I plan to ask the owner for permission to investigate.

Gordon Braun-Woodbury
"How on earth do I land this thing?"

piker

I haven't been out to TEMAC in a very long time too.  I plan to start joining the fun again very soon.  Maybe this Wednesday.

Any day for the fun fly would work for me.  I plan my life around the fun flys.....not the other way around [:D]

I suggest only one day for now.

Robert

Bigstik

The weekend after the Labour Day weekend, Sat 9 or Sun 10 is much better for me. There's a lot going on on the LD wknd, The CNE, the Airshow. However if it's carved in stone, one day, Sunday the 2nd is my preference.

Bigstik
Bigstik

gordonbw

Al makes a very good point.  The weekend after Labour Day may result in better attendance.

Gordon Braun-Woodbury
"How on earth do I land this thing?"

ClarkY

I think the weekend after labour day would be better also.  I could not go last year since labour day weekend is very busy...

Kenvention2

I vote for the weekend after the Labour day . . maybe I should ask first to see if this fun fly is open to non members?

Ken

piker

Only problem with the weekend AFTER the long weekend is the event will be getting closer to the Beeton FF on the 24th.  Not a biggy if everyone is committed to going to both events  [:)]

Hey Ken, you can only come if you bring the Piagio  [:D]

Robert

Kenvention2

Darn,

I was looking forward to finally flying at TEMAC too.

Ken

Bigstik

As another alternate, is the last weekend in August, 26 or 27 out of the question? Is it out of the question to have most fun flys on the last weekend of a particular month. I personally prefer Sundays. There's less conflict with family and home club activities.

Bigstik
Bigstik

piker

quote:
Darn,

I was looking forward to finally flying at TEMAC too.

I'm sure Michael will override my rule  [:)]

Robert

Michael

quote:
Originally posted by Ken Wilton

I vote for the weekend after the Labour day . . maybe I should ask first to see if this fun fly is open to non members?

Ken

That's a good idea.

I'll make a decision this week!

The funfly is open to all EMFSO members.
MAAC membership will be required.

Michael
Michael

slo-poke

quote:
Originally posted by jabiggerstaff

The weekend after the Labour Day weekend, Sat 9 or Sun 10 is much better for me. There's a lot going on on the LD wknd, The CNE, the Airshow. However if it's carved in stone, one day, Sunday the 2nd is my preference.

Bigstik

I guess I'll have to miss the Labour Day Fun Fly for the third time . Same reason as the last times , very busy weekend for a lot of us.

Michael

Right now, we're leaning to the weekend AFTER Labour Day. [:)]

Michael
Michael