Lockdown - projects to keep me busy ...

Started by Michael, January 22, 2021, 11:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msatin

Like the Northstar Michael
Like the blurb on the website said - Groovy!
This might be my next year's winter build project
You never fail until you stop trying

Michael

Michael

Michael

My Twin Otter maiden went well!

Michael

msatin

Congratulations Michael - It looks fantastic!
You never fail until you stop trying

Andy Hoffer

Beautifully finished @Michael !  You had a perfect day for the maiden flight.  Congrats!

Andy

Michael

Another lockdown; another model to keep me busy.

This time I'm scratch building a sport EDF jet using mostly depron foam and micro UMX components I have on hand.

The design is my own (maybe semi-copied composite of others I have seen), and is now ready for paint.

Michael

Andy Hoffer

Looks neat @Michael .  Do you have to install some kind of tubular ductwork upstream and downstream of the fan to streamline the airflow inside the fuselage?

Andy

Michael

The upper fuselage is open. There is no airflow inside the fuselage.
Michael

Michael

Painting done (more later; after test flights). I still have to install pushrods, control horns, velcro for battery, and then balance and program.

Michael

Michael

2 flights!

Needs more down thrust or down elevator, or maybe a bit more nose weight.

If was difficult flying in the wind, but launches were easy and straight; first landing was poor (no damage) and the second landing was extremely slow and smooth.
Michael

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Michael on April 10, 2021, 05:55:30 PM
2 flights!

Needs more down thrust or down elevator, or maybe a bit more nose weight.

If was difficult flying in the wind, but launches were easy and straight; first landing was poor (no damage) and the second landing was extremely slow and smooth.

We need to get some of that nice smooth carpeting (shown in your family room) for our runway!

Congrats on your successful build and maiden flight!  It's a nice looking model.

Andy

tuck

Quote from: Michael on April 09, 2021, 10:38:05 PM
Painting done (more later; after test flights). I still have to install pushrods, control horns, velcro for battery, and then balance and program.

Nice design