Glenns Lysander

Started by octagon, November 16, 2015, 06:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

Follow this link to see Glenns successful flight of his Lysander. Glenn did an amazing job of this very complex short kit, even incorporating working leading edge slats. It is an awesome build and a joy to watch in the air. Too bad my camera skills were not up to his flying skills

https://youtu.be/W2XhG78c98M
What could possibly go wrong?

BJROB

Awesome Flight.
very good looking plane
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

gordonbw

Congratulations, Glenn!  A superb rendition of a very difficult subject. Wish I had been there on the weekend to see your success.

wollins

Success!  A fitting end to a great build and hopefully a great start to a long life in the air. Can't wait to see it in person. :)

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

electroflyer

Thanks guys,
   The plane flies pretty decent now oh yeah except for the third take off which resulted in a crash...D'oh!
I'm just working on a reconstruction plan for the fuselage. The big issue is the landing gear, but fear not, it will fly again as it is now fun to fly. Balancing, aileron reflex and co-ordinated turns are the key to flying this beast  ;)

piker

What the...?!!!    :o

What happened?  It looked like you had it dialed!

That sucks... but you have a long winter to repair...  It sure looks and flies great.

electroflyer

Piker, the third flight did not work out so good on Sunday. The power seemed slightly off and I did not use take off flaps. The net result was a plane that I struggled to get airborne and then became a little squirrely with the ailerons when it was flying. I landed hard in the weeds which blew apart the fuselage and landing gear. Like I said though, the plane is a little tricky but getting better. I'm just wanting to make sure it goes back together true, so that is why I'm working out the repair on paper first. But after all is said and done, just seeing it flying made it all worth while!

piker

Sorry to hear of the damage, but I'm sure you'll do a good repair.

Approach the flight tuning carefully and you'll get it flying reliably.  We've all had planes that seem to be a bit of a dog when first flown, then turn into a great flying model with a bit of fine tuning.

sihinch

Quote from: piker on November 18, 2015, 09:49:36 AM
We've all had planes that seem to be a bit of a dog when first flown, then turn into a great flying model with a bit of fine tuning.......

....after you've given them to someone else!  :(

gordonbw

...or had Glenn fine-tune them!