Where are all the TEMAC members?

Started by wollins, July 25, 2006, 12:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonbw

Colin, I didn't see the Spit in the air, just sitting on the ground looking very large and pretty.  Simon told me that Glenn Nikolaiko piloted it for its successful maiden flight that morning (Glenn had departed by the time I arrived).

Gordon Braun-Woodbury
"How on earth do I land this thing?"

oldtrc

This weekend has almost been perfect especially in the late afternoon till evening. I came back Saturday evening with Bill and Park and left till it started to rain, 8:20PM.
Sunday evenig was also great with the Mackenzie Bros., Pierre from 14th Ave., Ronald and Park. I left just before 9PM and the other guys were in in the field. It really is much better in the late afternoon with the Sun behind you.
Great weekend!!![:)]
Nestor

Michael

I flew today from 1pm until about 2:30pm.

I was alone, so of course, no one was there to see me make perfect landings with my Tiger Moth, Piper Cub and Funtana. There was also no one to see my Mig ducted fan jet do a sliding-take off from the grass. [:D]

Oh well.

Then I met André at A+J's, and went out for a coffee.

I let him know that Derek has receieved his WINGS, and we agreed that Park will get his WINGS too, the next time one of us sees him.

It's supposed to be windy tomorrow, but I'm hoping Wednesday evening will be nice (the forecast is lousy).

Michael
Michael

wollins

Park and I were the only ones who showed up yesterday evening, I think the heat scared off a lot of the guys. (But then again Monday was never a very popular evening) [:)]

I flew out my six packs (four with the Yak and 2 with the Ultimate.) and am jusy loving the Yak.  I'm totally comfortable with it now and am starting to practice the "fancy" stuff (within my limited ability of course) like slow rolls, 4 point rolls, knife edges, complete circuits of inverted flight, inside and outside loops, cuban eights, immelmans etc.  What a blast this plane is to fly! [:D]

If I can get just HALF as good as Glen, Rob, Andre, Adam and the rest of the fellas, I'd be as happy as a pig in you know what! [:I] I figure it should take me about ten more years of hard practice! lol!  For now I'm trying to figure out a way to get more power that its current 150 watts per pound! [;)]

Park brought out his new Eflite "JUG" (P-47) and it flew quite nicely until a loose motor mount curtailed his activities for the evening.  (And yes he's totally deserving of his "wings"!)

See ya'll wednesday!

Colin.

|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'! :)
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Michael

I think Ronald Khoo should get his WINGS too.

Michael
Michael

rkhoo

Park

I'm really get exciting this summer...

Thanks for Andre; I'm still using his approach for landing, very helpful & accurate for beginner. First, Procedure turn, then have it fly and pointed right to yourself, steer the plane to make it point straight down to the field until you arrive at the landing field, and last but not least, F L A R I N G. Yes, Andre was really spell the word out and asked me if I understand what it means. Up to now, I still need more practices in order to understand flaring.

My another thanks is to Nestor. He gave me a lot of supports, advises & helps. Believe it or not, I fly with him more than anyone else. Oh, thanks for borrowing me the beginner video tape too.

Thanks to Adam, Glen, Colin, Rob, Ronald, Derek, Rick...hey, where is Rick? Didn't see him at the field for a month now. For me, he is one of my favor flight instructors too. Hope to meet him at the field soon.

Finally, thanks for Michael who is trying his very best to keep the club up & run. Without the facilities he provides, we were all just enjoy watching our planes, not flying.

I'm NOT saying these are the only members who are willing to help. I just don't have enough time to come to the field enough to meet all other great members. I'm looking forward to learn & fly with you all.

Park.