August 23 at TEMAC

Started by gordonbw, August 23, 2006, 12:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonbw

Weather looks very promising this evening.  I propose to ditch work early and fly.  Anybody else planning to be there?

Gordon Braun-Woodbury
"How on earth do I land this thing?"

rkhoo

I am charging...

I plan to take my family to check out field ;)

Michael

Weather looks bad. [:(]

Anyway, I'll fly next week - Wednesday.

Michael
Michael

piker

Bummer.  It was a rain-out.  

I got there around 6:00 and the rain had just started.  Gordon was waiting in his van then eventually left.  Park, Martin and I hung on until close to 7:00 then decided it was a lost cause and decided to try again tomorrow (Thursday).

I hope the weather holds and I'll see many of you tomorrow evening.

Hey Michael!  What kind of lame excuse is THAT for not flying.  Anniversary .......  Sheesh!

Robert

eric

Even though the weather looked bad I showed up anyway and of course it rained immediately. I know I'm brand new to this sport, but what gives? I sense a diabolical pattern here. Perfect flying weather for days on end and then rain on the one night I'm really looking forward to all week. Is it always like this?!

Eric

Michael

quote:
Originally posted by piker

Hey Michael!  What kind of lame excuse is THAT for not flying.  Anniversary .......  Sheesh!

Robert

25th! [:D]

Michael
Michael

rkhoo

I hand launched my Alula in a nearby school yard and it for about an hour before the rain moves in from the far North.

Michael, it takes a lot of love to keep it 'up'. Congrad on the 25th.

gordonbw

Yes, the weather turned really bad just as I arrived at the field.  I tried one flight, did a sub-optimal launch and and put my Electrosteak into the ground (minimal damage), then gave up and hit the highway.

This was my first attempt to join the gang for the Wed. evening flying -- a little disappointing, to say the least.  

Also, because I live downtown, I'm not used to rush-hour traffic.  It took me an hour to drive up to TEMAC, and even longer coming back because of construction and accidents at the 404 / 401 interchange.

Sure wish we had a closer field... or maybe I should move North (my wife would not be amused at that idea, however).

Gordon Braun-Woodbury
"How on earth do I land this thing?"

piker

Gordon.  That's the luck of the draw.  I too drove 35 minutes each way to sit in the rain too.  Those are the chance we have to take sometimes.  Still, don't give up.  The evening flying can be very nice....as it was tonight (Thursday).

We had a great evening of flying tonight.  Let's see.... Martin, Ronald, Nestor, Rick, Simon, John, and myself (did I miss anyone?) all met at the field and enjoyed a few hours of flying in the light winds.  Ronald also brought along his family and friends and they seemed to enjoy themselves too.

Robert