Zone Meeting?

Started by gordonbw, October 02, 2012, 02:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonbw

How well will the Club be represented at the Zone L meeting on Saturday?  I have given my proxy to Jack.  Anyone else voting, either by proxy or in person? 

gordonbw

Thanks Jack, for mentioning the AZM in today's TEMAC Tickler.  This is an important meeting.

piker

I've been planning to attend all along, until I realized that it's on the Thanksgiving Weekend.  I don't think I can go after all and I fear there may be several people who can't make it.  Hmmm... I wonder if it was planned that way...

I gave my proxy to Jack a long time ago.  I completely trust his judgment and know that he will represent us well.  I just hope there will be some other TEMAC members there to support Jack.

Robert

Gregor77

Funny, I noticed that too... plus the fact it's in Midland!  lol!

gordonbw

MAAC Proxy form for AZMs is available here: http://www.maac.ca/docs/2006/proxy_voting_form_for_annual_zone_meeting.pdf.  If anyone can't get to Midland on Saturday, please sign the proxy and send to Jack Higgins, who will represent our interests very effectively.

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

I signed a form at one of the fun Flys.  Does that count?  Or does it have to be this exact form?

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

bfeist

If you signed a form with many names on it that's fine too. There are two form formats.
I'm assuming that you were careful as to who's name was at the top of the form.  :P

thehaze

LOL... I read it twice.

Jack has my proxy. I trust he will vote in the best interests of the club and the zone.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Papa

You may all rest assured that I will do what I think is necessary to further the
interests of our wonderful club and all it's members. I have all the proxies and will be
in attendance with other interested club members. I will be meeting with members of
other clubs who will be my experienced advisers.

Please know that I passionately want to return the FUN to our wonderful hobby.
There is a malaise in our Association caused by personal agendas which fail to promote
the needs of the many as opposed to the egos of the few.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Gregor77

Canuke

Three of us are going together Saturday. Dr. John, Craig Campbell and myself Jim Spence. We feel it will  be an interesting meeting. We have already signed Brad or Jack's proxy (forget which) but I guess we like the excitement of the moment.

Gregor77

A few more of us are thinking of going Sat.   :P

Canuke

Don't forget the Ladies Auxiliary Light Lunch, maybe Watercress sandwiches? My favorite.

gordonbw

Here's hoping the job gets done on Saturday.  Remember - the person in question is very resourceful and adept at using his positional power.  I hope somebody has a copy of the MAAC bylaws there, because there is no doubt he will attempt to twist the rules to his advantage.  Be strong, Jack (and anybody else who's planning to be there)!