Piker Class Team Racing

Started by Papa, June 10, 2013, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

Approximately 7.5 - 9.0 seconds per lap and 1:15 - 1:20 per race depending on seeding etc.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Polecat

Quote from: Papa on September 26, 2013, 06:57:21 PM
Approximately 7.5 - 9.0 seconds per lap and 1:15 - 1:20 per race depending on seeding etc.

Jack.

Jack  What is the length of the two pole course 300ft or more. The times are pretty good but that's with a hot motor and a 3c battery.
We have never done any timing with the F 1's on the legal course yet but I think a 1:15 would be a really good time and a flying a very tight course.
We will see next year.
Keep up the good work with your club pylon.

Ken

Papa

Thanks Ken, It's 300' more or less.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

wollins

Quote from: Papa on September 26, 2013, 06:57:21 PM

Jack.

Thanks Jack!

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

sihinch

Just heard from Etienne at Icare-rc, Nooners will be back in stock in a few weeks.

Anyone want to try another group buy? I will organize.

Let me know here....

imran13

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Etienne is saying somewhere $129 - $149 for the ARC version, depending on how many we order.

And the wing will be 1 piece this time.

Ededge2002

I look at this and wonder if the wing area includes the portion covered by the fuse as it is calculated in the Piker rules.  Its just a little short of wing area and it has a 12% airfoil.  Wonder how much the physical measurement's are out.

http://www.icare-rc.com/cavallino.htm
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

imran13

Yes i'm interested  ;D this racing stuff looks like fun
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Papa

I have an apology to make. The results of the last event were slightly askew as I had inadvertently used the "B" main points structure rather than the final points. so here is the final adjusted standings.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Jack.

A motto to live by:

sihinch

Anyone else other than Imran interested in a Nooner?

Imran - are you still interested?  So far it just looks like you, so could be $149 for the bare airframe.

imran1042

I may be interested, Is that going to be next years racing plane?
Any day at the field is a good day :)

sihinch

The rules for the aircraft are not changing for next year. What is changing is a limit on airframes.

This year the Nooner was the only airframe allowed to race. Next year other airframes that meet the rules will be allowed to race also.

So yes, the Nooner can race next year. But it won't be the only design.

imran1042

hmm.. i'll think about it then..
Any day at the field is a good day :)