Adrain Page kits - Kickstarter

Started by pmackenzie, April 08, 2014, 08:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmackenzie

From what I have read these are really nice kits. Look great and build light. They have been off the market for a while.
He is trying to bring them back, and needs enough orders to commit to buying a laser printer.

Here is the Kickstarter page if anyone is interested in joining. Basically you commit to buy a kit and provide your CC info.
If he gets enough backers then the project will be a go and your credit card is charged and you get the kit.
If there is not enough interest and the project dies then it does not cost you anything. (And of course you don't get a kit :( )

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/827919495/adrians-model-airplane-kit-cutting-project

Here is the RCG thread, there are links in it to builds/reviews of some of the designs.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2127095

He started off talking about selling plans, and it sort of evolved into offering kits.

I should also mention - the kits will be produced in Canada  ;D

I need more kits like a need a hole in the head  ;) , but I committed for the 80" Super Cub and the big R2.

Pat MacKenzie

Tomahawk

Quote from: pmackenzie on April 08, 2014, 08:51:15 PM

He is trying to bring them back, and needs enough orders to commit to buying a laser printer.

You meant to say, he wants to buy a laser cutter. :)

Chris

pmackenzie

If you read the thread, it is not quite like that.  :)
He started out wanting to sell the plans again, then looked into getting the laser cutting done somewhere else when several guys chimed in that they wanted kits, not plans.

Starting this thread on the other hand is almost entirely based on my own self interest.  ;D
Unless he gets his 50 kit orders I won't be able to buy my kits  ;)

electroflyer

Hope it works out. I have the 40" and 80" Super Cubs, both are great kits which when decked out with things like scale landing gear are just oustanding. The 40" is built, but is way off to the side as other projects have taken my time. The plan with the 40" is to have a lighting kit installed and possibly add floats.
Adrian's kits are easy and fun to build.

Glenn

gordonbw

Agree with Glenn -- the Adrian Page kits are very, very nice!  I'm going to put in for a 40" cub.

Tomahawk

Quote from: pmackenzie on April 09, 2014, 07:08:59 AM
If you read the thread, it is not quite like that.  :)
He started out wanting to sell the plans again, then looked into getting the laser cutting done somewhere else when several guys chimed in that they wanted kits, not plans.

Starting this thread on the other hand is almost entirely based on my own self interest.  ;D
Unless he gets his 50 kit orders I won't be able to buy my kits  ;)

Huh???  I have been following the thread since he first posted on providing plans on RC Groups.  I agree, it evolved from there to cutting his own kits to keep the costs down.
Don't know where you see he wants to buy a laser printer.
Here is the direct quote from the Kickstarter site stating he is using the Kickstarter money to help fund a laser cutter.

"The only solution to total kit affordability is for me to buy my own laser cutter and take control of production costs myself. This Kickstarter campaign will help fund my purchase of a laser cutter and allow me to resume production."

I am quite glad to see these kits come back as I always liked the Gee Bees and have one of his original Z kits in the build queue. :)

Chris

pmackenzie

Quote from: Tomahawk on April 10, 2014, 02:17:27 AM

Huh???  I have been following the thread since he first posted on providing plans on RC Groups.  I agree, it evolved from there to cutting his own kits to keep the costs down.

Brain fart - I meant cutter of course.  :)

Either because I have a laser printer sitting in front of me, or because I have 3D printers at work.
(That's my story and I am sticking to it  ;) )

And my response to your first post was sort of an error as well.
You were quite correctly correcting my brain fart.
I (still not seeing my error) read it as if you were joking that  he was trying to use kick-starter to get a new toy for himself  :-[ :-[

Sorry for the confusion

Pat MacKenzie

Tomahawk

Quote from: pmackenzie on April 10, 2014, 06:31:07 AM
Quote from: Tomahawk on April 10, 2014, 02:17:27 AM

Brain fart - I meant cutter of course.  :)

Either because I have a laser printer sitting in front of me, or because I have 3D printers at work.
(That's my story and I am sticking to it  ;) )

And my response to your first post was sort of an error as well.
You were quite correctly correcting my brain fart.
I (still not seeing my error) read it as if you were joking that  he was trying to use kick-starter to get a new toy for himself  :-[ :-[

Sorry for the confusion

Pat MacKenzie

I figured your first post was the brain thinking one thing and typing something else. :)
Then the second post had me thinking I missed something and I had to re-read the original RC Groups thread. LOL!
In the end it is keeping this thread alive! :)

Chris

pmackenzie

He is at 60% now.
Hopefully it won't stall there.

Pat

Michael

Did anybody participate?

I didn't, but wish I had. I'd like to order an 80" Super Cub, but I'll have to wait until all pre-orders are done.

If anybody did pre-order, can you add another Cub to your list? Is that possible?
Michael

pmackenzie

I joined, but it has gotten pretty quiet, no updates.
I suspect he is in the process of acquiring the laser cutter, and getting things set up. No small task.

But a few updates would be nice, might have to drop him an email to see what's up.

I am sure once he is set up that there will be a regular way to order things.
The whole idea was so he could get back into the kit business.

Pat MacKenzie